Nikon Coolpix 100

Announced Jan 20, 1997 •
0 megapixels | 52 mm

my first digital camera bought at an online auction and it helped me sell so many things over the net! The PC interface is just ingenius and takes literally no time at all to transfer the photos, a feature which I adored. The lack of LCD was a minus but conserves batteries in that way :) Image quality was do-able for web pics but too little space to store as u begin to take more and more photos of EVERYTHING! Problems: The size of the photo is not a standard photo dimension, so when i used it ...

Just got this the other day CHEAP and gave it to my 4-year old son. It's easy for him to use and especially easy for transferring to the computer for him to view. I'm surprised that such a unit has a flash and the batteries last forever. Maybe one day he'll be a great photographer. If you can get one cheap, it's great for the beginner. I use the Sony DSC-F707 (the BEST 5.5 MegaPixel on the market currently). Problems: None except deleting the card from the camera's LCD is quite cumbersome.

This was my first digicam, back in '97 ... looking more than four years later at the pictures, I see they were not very detailed, but the colours were good. I especially liked the PC-card interface, and the fact that I could take literally hundreds of pictures on a set of 2 Alkaline batteries. Of course, there was no LCD for preview, the lens was fixed-focus, picture capacity was limited. But it got me hooked in digital photography! Problems: Not a one