Leica Digilux 3

Announced Sep 14, 2006 •
7 megapixels | 2.5 screen | Four Thirds sensor
PLAMBERT

Just bought a 2006 Digilux 3 and updated the firmware without problems. I walked alongside the Thames from Richmond upriver on a sunny day with lots of interesting sights on the river. I was amazed at the beautiful pictures the camera produced. I use Raw and polish up the results in Pshop Elements 10. The kit lens is a sharp Leica 14-50mm f2.8 zoom equivalent to 28-100mm. You view the image through a somewhat dim reflex viewfinder or live view on the rear screen, which I used to get a very ...

It is the best digital camera that Leica has ever made with low price ! trust me the photos with grate tonal color rang ,sharpness which let you forget about 7.4 mega pixels and like a 12 megapixel camera and it is for creative photographers. it is the best DSLR ever made froml 2000 till now. you should try it to trust me. that's it.

sipa

I am using it for 5 years every thing run grate it is better than most of DSLR such as NIKON,CANON new versions ,It is still compatible with new DSLR as it is real camera for real photographers. I do not see any problem . Digilux 3 is wonderful camera i sugest it to every body who realy knows aboute film photography.

Lars Tabari

I am using this grate DSLR camera since October 2011 but I have bought new one. Very very good resolution like 10 or 12 Megapixels cameras .perfect color tone Also Leica Digilux 3 "images have texture but some people call it noise but I like them as these grains make me fill like negative films .That is why I sold my Canon 5D to buy this camera. this si a very special camera for pro photographers.Fast AF and very good for Documentary reportage. Leica Digilux 3 is one of the best DSLR cameras ...

Lars Tabari

Best color and texture like film negative ,strong body, only pro photographers undrestand this grate camera with 7.4 megapixels compits with 12 megapixel DSLR cameras but with more details and sharper. Problems: cant buy to many fix lens for it

Suat Ateslier

I use it with Leica R lenses, also with kit lens. Its kit lens, 14-50mm F/2.8-3.5 is sharp lens. Especially I use it with Leica R Elmarit 24mm F/2.8, I get excellent results. I know that many users need Canon and Nikon, and some of them don't like Leica. There are two section in phography, one of them "photography", and other "Leica Photography". Problems: No problem.

rjajr

I have owned this camera for over three years and I still love it and use it fairly regularly. It is built like a tank. The kit lens is tack sharp and it's OIS works great. Problems: I wish it was higher res than 7.5MP. Don't bother with ISO 1600, the noise is brutal.

koogz

This is a great camera! I love it. It's true, once you get it set up, it's the creative photographer's dream machine. Problems: I have one problem. The problem isn't with the camera, but the posts of anti-Leica snobs so prevalent in these forums. If you don't like Leica, go and use your DSLR, or other P&S and enjoy it. Don't come here and reduce the rating of the camera because you hate Leica. Insecurity at it's worst.

halim44

I have Digilux 3 almost one year now.Still sataisfied with it. Just play with Manual focus lens "R" from leica and "OM" from Olympus. Better result than Digilux 3 lens kit. Problems: High ISO not give a good result.

John Thawley

I can't say enough about how I'm enjoying owning this camera. For me, using this camera as my "walk around" makes taking pictures like when it was a hobby. FUN! The feel is great. The analog position of the controls add to the experience of making a photograph, while the digital menus and operation makes processing and management easy. You just get to make great pictures. In short, I LOVE this camera. I recently wrote about the benefits of keeping a walk around camera in your arsenal and ...