Leica D-LUX 5

Announced Sep 21, 2010 •
10 megapixels | 3 screen | 24 – 90 mm (3.8×)
Vmo9

I've owned this camera since it's introduction and have enjoyed every shot taken. It frequents my pocket and comes out in a flash to capture people, scenes and architecture All over the World. It's built like a tank and hasn't had one problem,me even though  it has been dropped, stepped on and rained on! It's Leica through and through.

Gene J. Paull

Very good for what it is. I love the colors from the CCD sensor. Sure, this is not an Leica M-9, and should not be compared to one. It is my everyday walkaround camera. And, yes, I do use the optional Panasonic viewfinder which I find I great help for composition and steadying the shots. Problems: None so far

Xiaomao

I bought DL4, then replaced it with DL5, but ended up with DL4, with which I feel more at home.

Been travelling Australia for 6 months with my Leica and Canon DSLR (with lenses etc) - 9 times out of 10, the Leica came out to capture the moment. Arriving at a new town or location, the Leica was camera of choice to carry all the time, whereas the Canon was an effort. As you get older (and wiser?) the little Leica is easy, convenient, and the quality is just fantastic - I don 't print A3+ and like many old film travel photographers, I just upload photos to a web library - so JPEG is ...

l_objectif

After having Dlux3 and Dlux4, I was very excited to upgrade to Dlux5! But I am very disappointed of this camera! With the exception of the zoom reach, I find the previous versions superior! The lens is not as sharp as Dlux4 and the noise of RAW files are inacceptable!... Macro is also inferior to Dlux4! Problems: Noise, noise, noise!....