Leica D-LUX 2

Announced Oct 1, 2005 •
Chair Mike Adams

I own a Digilux 2 so when the D-Lux 2 came out I naturally bought it. I say "naturally" because the Digilux 2 is the best camera I have ever owned (I have Nikon F-100, D-100, Leica M7). Two big problems: 1. I cannot work outdoors without a viewfinder and because I wear glasses I have to remove them to see the screen if there is not too much light. 2. It is slippery, hard to hold. It does make a great movie camera though. Problems: No

OnlineD

I would not recommend this camera. I bought it expecting it to be worth the money simply because it was a Leica. Having used an M6 for many years I had high hopes. I have to say that I am extremely disappointed with the results. A lot of visible noise on every setting, extreme shutter lag, it does not feel good in the hands and the lens cap on a piece of string is just not what I would expect of a camera from this maker with such a high price tag. I have had much better results using a Sony ...

mfo

missing viewfinder... the Leica logo does not change anything to the Pana-lx1 camera. bad for Leica reputation! mfo Problems: noise..noise at even 100 iso.