Leica D-LUX 2

Announced Oct 1, 2005 •
Loc Q Truong

Has any one heard about Leica providing an update to the firmware for the D-Lux2 to handle HDSC feature? Anyway, Casio Exilim has done it. Read in DPreview: Casio has released updated firmware for its Exilim EX-Z70 and EX-Z700 digital camera to support SDHC. Danke schoen Leica.

DennisB43

As much as I enjoy using this camera, there are some flaws that I find quite annoying. While the images at low ISO ratings are outstanding, I find anything above 200 (or even 100) to be far too noisy for a camera of this price. The autofocus is usually too slow, particularly in anything but decent light. There is a very bad shutter lag, so don't expect too much spontaneity. And, while everyone seems to be lauding the build quality, I have to question it. I find the camera a bit too ...

Greg Gebhardt

You will be hard pressed to find a more versitile camera than the D-Lux2 or LX1. I needed a copy of Elements for my laptop and the extra warranty was well worth paying the extra for the RED DOT! Problems: No problems, images have one heck of alot of detail!

Ciro Saito

Bought a D-Lux 2 at B&H in NYC due to the compact size of a 28mm wide lens camera (I am an architect). Coming back to Brazil I discovered that my extra original battery does not work. Sent email to Germany to solve the problem, no answer until now. Am going to Berlin next week, sent this info to Leica but no answer . Pictures are not convincing to a famous lens/camera maker. Must admit Sony T30, H1 and R1 give better same photos. Former Nikon F2 user, 8400 has too much shutter lag. To avoid ...

Chair Mike Adams

I own a Digilux 2 so when the D-Lux 2 came out I naturally bought it. I say "naturally" because the Digilux 2 is the best camera I have ever owned (I have Nikon F-100, D-100, Leica M7). Two big problems: 1. I cannot work outdoors without a viewfinder and because I wear glasses I have to remove them to see the screen if there is not too much light. 2. It is slippery, hard to hold. It does make a great movie camera though. Problems: No

makofoto

Just use noise reduction software like NeatImage for images that need it. The ScreenShade might make your display more useful in bright sunlight: http://www.screen-shade.com/parscreenfor.html

asearle

I just took this camera to Berlin to put through its paces. I have used other digital cameras so I have some experience. I found this to be well built (so far nothing has dropped off or broken unlike my Ixus 500 after little use), easy to use and gives excellent quality pictures. Takes a little getting use to without a viewfinder as on autopilot you find yourself holding to your forehead! Then having felt a complete dipstick, you hold it carefully as there is nothing to jam it against to keep ...

etibeti

I am owner of this camera for 8 weeks, my conclusion is Pro : -excellent LCD -superb 16:9 Mode -many manual controls -beautyful warm colours -excellent construction, solid -Mega OIS is needful Unique Leica-Service (tested) Problems: - noise at at ISO above 100 - Autofocus has Problems in lowlight and low contrast conditions -Start up time is too long

JOSE LUIS MATA

I have been using this camera for 2 weeks. Incredible features, Image quality is Excellent. Problems: 1. Yes. there is noise in some low light conditions like all other point and shot cameras. 2. A little bit expensive. But, It is Leica. Top of the line. Distinguished, classic and quality. I paid for it.

pixelpusher

Almost perfect small camera!! The camera has received a lot of criticism from people who've evidently never actually even seen it, but the more that i use it, the more i've come to love it. It's maybe not the best camera for casual point-and-shoot, but as an enthusiast's compact, the camera rewards with truly beautiful images. Write time for RAW is much faster than other 'owners' have stated on these pages: down to around 2 or 3 seconds with a faster Sandisk card. In fact, the camera is ...