Leica Digilux Zoom

Announced Feb 4, 2000 •
Marcel Geers

I have had the digilux zoom for about 3 years and was quite content with it. After using it for a while you know what you can and especially what you can't do with it. I have taken lots of pictures with it and found it to be a good camera to start with.The macro function with aid of the digital zoom, gives quite good close ups! Lots of examples are viewable at http://www.student.tue.nl/t/m.p.a.geers/plaatjes_frame.htm Please note that these aren't the original pictures, but scaled down ones ...

I had this camera for over two years and it has served me very well. Shot thousands of pictures with excellent colour rendition. Leica managed to repackage the rather blaw Fuji design into a real Leica looking quality. Controls are easy and always work. Wish you would have an updated model. Problems: It is now obsolete. Hope the new Digilux will serve as well.

This is a most superb camera. I have taken over 18 000 images over the past year of travek and adventure to some very rugged spots. It has been able to with stand hot humid conditions in Hong Kong night clubs...to the high alpine wilderness of Tibet and back country treks of mountainess New Zealand. Ever faithful...aprt fom the odd shutter jam...always recharges quickly and effortless download to PowerBook...for posting on the web. www.e.co.nz/tibet/people ...and all my images at www.e.co.nz ...

Very good camera. I would never replace it with another small DC. Small, very easy to use and fantastic image quality. Vivid colours, good AF, easy to use. Problems: Sometimes the lens cover doesn?t close due to dust. Never had to take it for service though.

I used it for the pictures on oursite www.clipperms.nl Problems: hard to get cabel for the computer

Bonjour, Great, it is always into my shirt's pocket. Easy to handel, great pictures lot of possibilities to make side show. Also I have the accesory to make pictures from slides. Problems: Night shot: flash not very powerfull Lens. Dust block it too often. I am now a specialist in opening and cleaning the inside.

The first DC I owned that was fairly easy to operate. Bought it from B&H for a fair price. Ergonomics of the Leica Digilux Zoom is just great and I am always proud to have it with me wherever I go. Problems: This is not a suitable DC for people with big hands. I am always worried that I will accidentally drop it one day. Guess it would have been better if it came with a neck strap instead of a wrist strap. Shutter started getting sticky after 6 months of use. Mode dial and the zoom control ...

I have travel by see more than 10.000 miles, in a small sailing boat, crossing 2 times the ocean, with the camera always in the deck, making more than 9.000 fotos during 1,5 years. Its a great camera.

I've had this for 2 years now and it's really been my travel mate as my Minolta Dynax 7000i is a bit bulky. This little bugger really astounds me with the quality of the images.It's compact, looks good and takes quite sharp, well balanced pics. A good entry into digital as I move into an Olympus E 20 as a real man's camera. Problems: Yeah, usual sticky lens shutter problem but nothing that a little WD40 didn't solve.

I have owned my Digilux Zoom for just over a year and have no complaint with it's performance. I was rather 'forced' into the world of digital photography due to ill health and needed to down-size my kit. I have always been a Leica enthusiast and if honest it was the marque which governed my choice! I have been able to produce perfectly acceptable A3 prints using the 'Normal' quality setting and suitable printer etc. The macro setting can be used to make very good sized images of small ...