Leica Digilux 4.3

Announced Sep 1, 2000 •

Great photos for over a year. It replaced a 1MG pixel camera and the improvment is astounding. It outshines my friends Nicon 950, is smaller, and easier to use. Problems: No Problems encountered after 5000+ photos but the battery door seems flimsy.

Blake Cook

I have been using this camera at work for a year without the slightest problem. Color balance is excellent. On screen images are not quite as crisp as some cameras but it has few peers once the image is printed. My only complaint is that I would have preferred 100asa or slower for some situations. Overall, an excellent small camera. Problems: None

I have had my Digilux 4.3 for a year now and have gotten pictures that are just unbelievable from it. I have not seen any pictures, from a digital that are as clear as mine are. I am only sad to see that it is listed on the Leica Web Site as discontinued and worry about getting the attachments that I wanted for it now. Problems: None

Very handy and impressive above-average performance. Problems: 1. Lost fucus in corner. 2. Color seems over satuated. Not neutral enough. 3. Blue sky sometimes looks a unrealistic with a tint of strange color.

Small size, great picture using hi res and Fine. Need 64 or 128 m card and at least one set of spare batteries. If you fill frame, I have gotten some very good 16X11 shots printing with an Epson 1270. Problems: None

A great camera, easy to carry, takes geat pictures. A twin to Fuji's FinePix 4700, except you get a 32M Smartmedia card!!. Ambico makes a nylon belt case that fits like a glove ($4.98). Too bad it has been discontinued Problems: The flsh would get stuck (close) when pressing the flash release button (I fixed that with a small file). It's hard to activate the zoom when using the viewfinder ( the Fuji 4800 corrected that problem)

I use this camera now for 6 months and I am absolutely delighted! Never fails to produce excellent images with true colour. Battery life is acceptable. Excellent software. Looking forward to the next digital Leica ( Fugi 6800???) Problems: None!!!

John Ellis

Bought for my wife; she is enamoured of this camera. Takes stunning pictures that easily blow up to 8 X 10's. Great color, too--no fixing in Photoshop needed. Small size is very handy and takes repeat pictures quickly. The video with sound has been an outstanding feature for kids; has turned out to be an irreplaceable feature. You need a 64 meg card minimum, tho, as the high resolution (always use it) will quickly eat into your reserve. A 128 card is best. Problems: Not much on manual ...

I have recently published two books with pictures either taken with this camera or the camera + Digicopy (copying slides taken with Leica M6 or R8) and the printed result is excellent. I have dared enlarge up to format A3. Of course, I miss the control I have with M6 or R8, but judging the camera as a camera in the "compact camera group" I am highly impressed.

Excellent camera, great features, great quality in an small carry anywhere size.