Leica C-LUX 1

Announced Apr 3, 2006 •
6 megapixels | 2.5 screen | 28 – 102 mm (3.6×)
yamarch

Elegant camera with excellent finish and built quality. LCD display is bright and the controls are intuitive and easy to use. The 28-102 mm zoom lens is quite versatile and photos are sharp, especially outdoor shots. The OIS image stabilizer also works well. Very pleased with this camera. Purchased the optional Leica stainless steel strap and the C-Lux now looks even more stunning!

carouk

Having read everyone's comments here I went ahead and purchased a C-Lux 1 this week. I've been disappointed with the image-quality of a succession of digital cameras recently - both P&S and super-zoom compacts - but not this little beauty. As others have said, this lens is excellent, producing much sharper images than most. I've only had the opportunity to fire a few test shots but it seems intuitive and I'm sure I'm going to grow to love the camera. So thanks for guiding me in the right ...

Iswitched2Mac

Purchased this camera after considering many others. The small size takes getting used to when one is accustomed to using a D2x. (The D2x battery is almost as big as this camera.) The 64mb SD card that comes with it is definitely not large enough. Good for approx. 20 images at full resolution. I found an Ultra II 2gb card for $40 this past weekend, offers me over 600 images when empty. The LCD screen provides excellent quality with the added bonus of being able to set its level for ...

alanpryce

My first Leica but definitely not my last. Excellent construction, features and ease of use. Sharp, detailed pictures. Intuitive interface makes it easy to squeeze every last drop of potential from this excellent, tiny point and shoot. No regrets at all with buying this one. Already i am daydreaming about the next Leica step up. Totally recommended. Thanks to Steve at 'Swoptics' for giving me decent, impartial advice/service. Problems: Not yet

44Magpie

Having decided that an ultra-compact with a 28mm or less lens was a necessity, I finally decided on the Leica C-Lux 1 camera. Yes, I heard about the poor low-light performance, yes I heard that it was just a re-badged Panasonic, and yes, I heard about the noise. But guess what? You can learn to work around all of those. Noise is not a problem at ISO 200 and below and besides, how hard is it to click your mouse three times with Noise Ninja to get rid of any noise you deem objectionable? I ...

foocando

I have a lot of experiences with most of Canon compact cameras from Pro S1, A620, S400, 450,500, 550, 700IS, and 800IS. Then I decided to go with Leica because of its legacy on film and tried it with its first line compact digital camera. I have no regret for it at all. I truly love this Leica C-Lux 1 camera because of its image quality, ease of use, and really really small piece of art. I strongly recommend to go with this camera to all. Problems: None so far. It has been great!

photokip

A great little camera with outstanding image quality and it has the red dot. Photos taken with the F100 and 28-70 AFS compared to the c-lux - I cannot tell the difference in a 4X6 print. Photos taken with the F100 compared to the 7900 cool-pix - Yes I can see a difference. Problems: none

Pixel_Cult

First of all, this thing is SMALL, which is great. The photos you see all over the net don't do its size justice. Photographic historians can say with great veracity that Leica literally set the standard in photography for camera miniaturization nearly 100 years ago. It is really great to see Leica enter the digital world with some real winner cameras. I would make the argument that the cameras that are manufactured by Panasonic with a Leica badge are in reality perceived the wrong way by ...

petermcwerner

I would not add to what others have already said. It is a great little camera and I love it. When my DMR or D200 systems seem to bulky and heavy, the c-lux will save the day. I think the low light noise problems have been greatly exaggerated. Here http://www.leica-camera-user.com/digital-forum/4484-panasonic-fx01-2.html a few examples (ISO=80 - f/2.8 - approx 1.3 sec - pocket tripod): Problems: None

girlperson1

I received this camera as a gift and it really has impressed me. Yes, there's a bit of noise in the images but the sharp Leica optics make it possible to clean up the noise while still retaining the sharpness and details of the image. I like !!! Problems: Only one complaint, no RAW file format. If Leica could come up with a firmware update for this camera so it could save images in RAW format, this camera would kick A$$.