Minolta DiMAGE Z1

Announced Aug 7, 2003 •
trd300gt

I got this camera for $75. It was a big step up from my previous camera. The lens is great, and it pretty much has all the features I'd want. Also, it has a very fast start up time. It's main problem is low light focusing/focusing speed, and low light noise.

Rahul DHAR

This camera has an Excellent performance and ease of use . The ultra zoom of 10x helps capturing far off objects easily ......hats off to Minolta ! Problems: Weak Battery Door. May break if not handled properly !

dragonfly007

I have borrowed this machine for two months.As a 2003's machine,it is very excellenct !Its quality of image is good and its function like the DSLR.It has convenient button to change setting in photography prosess.10x optical zoom can be easily used in many situation. ps:If I have money,I will buy Fujifilm S6500fd(6000fd) next step,I am a student,it is too hard for me! Problems: Gone with the wind!Go well Minolta!Bye bye!I will remember you forever!

Please help. It won't turn on. Problems: After being a satisfied user for about a year, my Minolta Dimage Z1 heated up suddenly one day. I was out of the country and my rechargeable batteries had no charge left, so I was using Kodak disposable AA's. As soon as I felt the heat, I took the batteries off and stopped using the camera. Once I got back home, I charged the batteries and inserted them in. When I pressed on the power button, it turned on and in 3 seconds, turned off again. ...

wrc6

I can say small about your problem- about camera switching off and not responding. I had this problem when I touched the zoom lens as it was going out, then it turned off automatically and did not turn on when i pressed the power button. I think it is system for safety. I can advise you to see profesionals from Minolta, but i can say also, don't use batteries of different capacity, for ex., 1400 and 1800 together, which may result in such automatic response, and if used similar batteries, ...

wrc6

I bought Minolta Z1 as a little used camera. I had had dreamed for 10x optical zoom some years before, seeing Olympus 700 series. Now I have the camera, though different brand, and in a word I am satisfied with it!! I have used Z1 already for 2,5 weeks. This is my second digital camera, and compared with Trust 960, which I had before, it has only 3,2 MP in common. Not that my previous camera was bad, but the image clarity and details are superior. Easy of use was better on that one, but that ...

bongmaster

I've had this camera for 2 years and its been fantastic. The image resolution is a little low compared to modern cameras (3.1 megapixels) but the images it produces are very good. I'm moving to a DSLR next year but this camera was a great introduction to photography. Problems: I have had no problems at all with this model.

Willem01

Have this camera for little over 1.5 year now. So far I haven't had a single problem with it. Autofocus in low light is a bit difficult. Purple fringle is only noticed when zooming in maximum. For the rest I'm very happy with it. Problems: None so far.

Attractive, pretty well made, Excellent features, very good handling, very good movie mode, Image quality, right out of the camera, is pretty good for prints & for on screen viewing. After sharpening, using unsharp mask in Photoshop or other software, it increases to excellent. I Have made jaw dropping 11" x 14" prints of flowers after upsizing the 3.2 MP file to 14.5 MP (300 PPI @ 11 x 14)) & sharpening. The sharpest aperature is wide open at F2.8. As the lens is stopped down, depth of ...

agent00

The perfection of this camera is very high excelent use if flash automayic also manualy exposition flash good features about manual/ semimanual (P,A,S,M) good tele Problems: The problems are the material's construction (ex: grey plastic is so malleable and fragile) Some problems about focusing in night photo without a trip. BAD WITHOUT ASP bad focus range; it will better 35 or 28mm to 380 or 420mm