Minolta DiMAGE Xt

Announced Mar 1, 2003 •

+ Super slim + Clever battery charger/console + Still working without problem since purchased 2003

Ian R Walker

I bought the Xt in August 2003 as a very compact good performing camera that could be carried around all the time rather than as a main camera (I used a Minox B for this previously). I find the results the equal of my (now worn out) 35mm P&S and much better than the Minox. I find the optical viewfinder good although it exhibits the expected parallax error, and only use the LCD for some indoor shots of close subjects where I must avoid parallax error. The ability to focus as close as 15cm is ...

darcy

I bought my Xt at dirt cheap price(about US$120) in the clearance sale of a local electronics store in July. The constrution and finish are excellent as "Made in Japan" always. The control are not that difficult to understand though not so easy as Kodak. Th image quality is good. Very pocketable to go everywhere is the best part. Problems: The worst part is the life of the battery. Since Xt does not have viewfinder, so LCD framing becomes necessary. The original battery in case with the ...

Oleg_

It's my first camera. The camera is very good, I like it. Small dimensions make this camera very mobile. I take it everywhere and hold it in my pocket. Quality in light room in my office is not good as i desire, but photos on near distance is excellent. Colors are excellent. Maybe sharpness is poor :)) Totally it's fine camera as for it dimensions, price, features, design, photos quality.

alvin2000

I bought this camera for the around 6 months ago and it is workin fine for me. It was really good in taking outdoor picture or indoor picture with bright lighthing. the start-up time was really fast, it was good for snap shoot anytime. when i 1st bough it, i feel there was lag in the shutter speed, but after i have set the iso to manual 100 instead of auto mode the stuttle speed increase dramatically. But it still lag when talkin photo in low lighting place. Night scene was not good if not ...

The pics are good enough for a beginner. Look at mine site, www.koenvanelst.nl, for examples. (link "foto's" for pics and "filmpjes" for movies..!! Especially the daylight pictures are very nice. The night pictures are less quality images. Price - quality ratio = 100 % Problems: The LCD monitor had damaged a litlle after a week.

Frank O

The first Minolta XT model I ordered, I had to send back to the vendor because it was either damaged in transit or one of those manufacturers oversight problems. Anyway, I received my second one and all I can say is big things now come in very small packages. A great camera for those that do not want the burden of carrying large chunky equipment.

awake

Very good camera for the money spent Small, light and easy to use (I get to use a few others at work) As for the gripes of others - try setting the camera to the type of lights, standard pictures, no flash - its then quite fass enough for candid shots at parties etc Remember to lengthen the auto shut-off and keep it on all the time otherwise it will re-set Any good photographer should know this!!!! Problems: None so far!!

Sbarbell

The best thing about this camera is that it's small enough for me to carry anywhere. I've taken many pictures that I wouldn't have otherwise. Problems: Occasional artifacts especially on night shots. It can be slow to focus especially at night, not great for actoin shots.

FisherHU

In the first days I was a little disappointed because of the overall image quality and features. Now, a few weeks later I think it was the best choiche for this price. I keep it with myself all the time. Here is a sample image (digitally enhanced) http://pixweb.fisher.hu/pic/autnum00.jpg.html