Minolta DiMAGE X20

Announced Jul 17, 2003 •
Andrew Yan

I bought the camera just because of it's size. Here's the pros: - good size (can slip in my pants pocket easily) - very good battery life (I can't finish 2 1800mA AA batteries within a day's shot after - around 200 shots with moderate review) - fast startup - good price Problems: - not very sharp images - slow focusing indoor (the dimmer the slower) - burst mode with slow frame rate

babson02

Image (quality) is everything. The rest is just icing on the cake. And the X20 turned out to be a slick looking, stylish camera with the poorest of photo quality. Each picture is blurry whether taken on a tripod or not. I am disappointed and did not expect this of a Minolta product. Warning: Check pictures immediately so that if you need to return this camera within the retailer's allowable timeframe, you can... Problems: POOR image quality.

I great little camera for carrying around in your pocket. Prints up to 4" x 6" are acceptable but not as sharp as with my Coolpix cameras. The reflex mirror required to redirect the light into the lens likely results in slightly softer images. I still like this camera very much since it is perfect for snapshots to post on the web. The AF is pretty fast and better in low light than some of my Nikon Coolpix cameras. Very easy to use but you must be careful where you place your fingers on ...

MAndrews

I love this camera. Its easy to hold and shoot with one hand. It fits in my purse. The batteries last a long time. Low resolution photos are great and all I need for cataloging cemetery headstones. The 3x optical zoom is internal, and less likely for me to damage or get dirty while in my purse, or hanging from my neck. The controls and menus are intuitive. The media is SD or MMC(cheaper). Problems: Doesn't have optical viewfinder, so you have to be careful not to damage the lcd.

jimfauni

A great value for your money! (I bought this camera for $176 at buydig.com.) It takes good pictures, very easy to use, and quite small. One of my buying points is its size. One will not hesitate to carry it with him/her all the time. Another buying point for me is that it uses 2 AA batteries instead of proprietary lithium type its sibling (Xt) requires. Problems: No problems encountered but here are some deficiencies that may be turnoffs for some: 1. no manual focus 2. no optical viewfinder 3 ...

gregerOne

I accidently posted opinions on this camera instead of the Xt. Which is the one I have. The Xt one is Great. Could an admin please remove this opinion?

jinfulin

Inexpensive (USD 240), very convinient to carry around (thinner than cagarette box), uses 3A rechargeable batteries (or easy to get alkaline ones, cheaper than proprietary Li battery), fast start-up and between shots(very short lag even use flash), no protruding zoom lens barrel, really point-and-shot even macro shots (no need to push menu button for macro). Good pictures. Minolta answers my need, perfectly. Problems: Nil. Prefer larger buttons and higher quality LCD screen.