Minolta DiMAGE X20

Announced Jul 17, 2003 •

I bought the X20 used on ebay for about $70 over a year ago. I can't imagine a better "every day" camera for carrying in my pocket or backpack for my bicycle trips around town. I even use it in the library to copy illustrations from books and magazines and articles from the Wall Street Journal. You can't beat AA rechargable batteries! Problems: None at all

LW1

DO NOT BUY THIS CAMERA, Well, to tell you the truth its discontinued anyway. My cousin and I both had this camera, and both of ours broke. I won't buy this brand again.

spineman

I have used X20 since Oct.2003, and have continually obtained very good quality 8x10 prints. The camera is fast operating, easily carried in a pocket, and provides most of the features I use. I also have numerous film cameras (Leica M3, Minolta 5, Rolleiflex TLR) that I use for serious work, but the X20 is ALWAYS with me, and I've never run out of battery power during an outing, using 1800mh NiMHs. Sorry I waited so long to post comments, but I hope this helps those just starting digital work ...

fotodj

The X20 is a digital camera among the most interesting in its category. In fact, this model, results of big long superior in comparison to the following models (X21, X31 etc...); a lot of functions in more, less noise and performances of respect. I always bring its with me: to job, to the sea, in the country, to the stadium and during the concerts. Great Minolta DiMAGE X20!!!

sade

Possiedo una DiMAGE A2 di cui sono molto soddisfatto. Per le occasioni in cui non la posso portare con me, utilizzo una X20 che praticamente metto nel taschino! E' molto bella e versatile, con tante funzioni e foto molto belle, soprattutto nei colori. Il rumore è ben controllato nonostante le dimensioni del sensore. Un gioiellino. A trovarla usata, ne consiglio l'acquisto per avere una fotocamera da portare sempre con sè.

simo

Quando ho acquistato la X20 cercavo una fotocamera da portare sempre con me, in ogni occasione. La qualità e le funzioni sono molto soddisfacenti in relazione alla fascia di prezzo e la categoria cui appartiene. La consiglio vivamente a chi entra nel mondo della fotografia, per chi viaggia e desidera immortalare ogni momento.

phuong Hanoi

I just got it yesterday for 9800Yen (US$90) with the standard 8MB SD. H'm thinking of buying a 256MB SD card of 5500Y but it is already nearly half of the camera itself. But however a nice little toy. Fit in the shirt pocket, even trouser pocket does hurt the liitle cam. For casual photographer this is a real good choice. Easy quick connection to PC on USB.

Terracotta

When I got this camera (it was a bit of an impulse buy @ 76£ with a 128MB SD card) a few people said that I was useless, didn't have a strong flash, no OVF, without propitiatory battery no battery life & the images were so soft they're only good for the net. Hey this is an all-in-body camera that doesn't twist and has 3x zoom that fits in the top pocket of every shirt I own & not look like the bionic man, sure the images are soft but hey heard of USM filtering? Strength, 45%; diameter, ...

Trido

Great little camera just bought on 9/11/04 at Target for 125.00 I think great take everywhere camera at 125.00 Watch for STUCK pixels I originaly bought a store demo no box,then went to other Target they still has TWO new in box so I was going to take DEMO back and did buy the new in box. Darn my luck the NEW unit has a stuck pixel looks back on the small LCD plus the new unit has an older SN. SO i will keep demo. Trido Problems: Just stuck Pixel on the New unit

Sean Bean

This is a good camera for a beginner or for someone who always wants to carry a camera around with ease. I really like the design of this camera, as it is very lightweight, yet feels nice and solid when you are using it (the memory card slot design is cool..at least to me it is). The performance of it impressed me as well. For a 2 megapixel camera that is so portable it has good image quality and even a decent movie mode. Somehow you hardly even notice there is no optical viewfinder, and ...