Minolta DiMAGE E201

Announced May 22, 2001 •

A nice and handy camera for snapshots. Problems: Very short battery life (advisable: connect it to an external 6 V rechargable battery to be carried in the camera bag). Low dynamic range (does not cope well with high contrasts in the image). Poor software.

This have non-standart resolution(?): 1792/1200 etc i must cut to 1600/1200... ZOOM: In olympus c-200, when i want do img whith zoom 2x i have image in 1600/1200 but in mionolta e201 i have 896/600? CompactFlash - why not SmartMedia :( SM is cheaper... An if u want do very good fotos i must have very good light :> (in olympus c-200 if u have aerage light - images is good:>) If u want some "Orginal iamges" please send me email aq404@irc.pl

I had the Kodak Dc 200 (simple but amazing camera!!) but I sold it in order to buy the Minolta 201... big mistake!! - Auto focus is not acurate - Pictures inside room or in "normal" light condition don´t work. - Pictures very dark/ very weak flash Even though the kodak was only 1 Megapixel camera and focus free, I was missing the Kodak because the picture quality was so much better than the 2.3 Megapixel Minolta. With the Minolta, I have to post-edit almost ALL the pictures in photoshop in ...

It buy It for 330$ It value of money but It no Optical zoom.

Most of the previous reviews sum up this camera very well. I have to agree about the lack of good (full) documentation and the poor, grainy, results in low level of light. But overall this is an excellent camera - simple to use and a superb camera for the 'point-and-click' novice or amateur. By the way, if you're interested, it works perfectly with WinXP. Problems: As with most cameras, this is power hungry - so get a spare set of rechargeable batteries.

Although I've used several digital cameras this is the first I've bought for myself and my choice was mostly budget based. Now that I've been using the camera for a few weeks I have to say I'm very pleased with my choice. I was looking for a camera with a moderately good resolution (a year ago 2.3 megapixels at this price was unthinkable!), a "pocketable" form and good useability. The addition of 60 second video sequences was a bonus. In usage, I've found that image quality is pretty good, ...

Problems: problem downloading images from the camera