Minolta DiMAGE A1

Announced Aug 7, 2003 •
5 megapixels | 1.8 screen | 28 – 200 mm (7.1×)
tejasmike

This is a great camera with a full range of features. As an architect, the deciding factor for me was the 28mm wide angle lens which is essential for architectural photography. I print large 13x19 prints on an Epson 2200 inkjet, and the prints look terrific. Sharp pictures and whatever noise problems some people have with this camera, I can't see it. Be careful on shopping, the price fluctuates wildly.

e van duijn

I bought the A1 as follow up for the fuji s602Z. And although i'm still pleased with the 602, the A1 really is a much better camera. The only thing i personaly dislike is all the features which enable you to change color, contrast and the filter settings! In my opinion you should not use the camera for that, thats better done with software, and preserves your base images!! (and could make the camera cheaper!) Battery life is great. In the beginning i played for hours with the camera and it ...

janisson jm

Je viens de passer du 7i au A1 et franchement, il n'y a pas photo. Presque toutes les imperfections du 7i ont été gommées. En plus Minolta nous fait grace d"un stabilisateur d'une redourable efficacité. La restitution des couleurs est beaucoup plus naturelle et fidèle et les possibilité de l'appareil, quasi infinies. Problems: Le seul problème qui reste sur cet appareil et qui est malheureusement dû à son petit capteur, c'est la gestion du bruit à 800 iso.

petr kralik

Problems: No possible to use zoom in macro mode.

dtgaf

Coming from a Dimage 7, I found the A1 easy to learn. In fact, it is much friendlier in layout. The picture quality is excellent. There is excellent detail, natural color and low noise under most ordinary circumstances. The color at first seems subdued, but comparison to the subject shows it to be very accurate. The camera works well as a point and shoot if you want, but there is great flexibility of control if you want. The camera is a fine balance of features and qualities. I got ...

mark moe

The A1 has replaced my film cameras including a Canon SLR system. Overall, I happy with the results and after living with the camera have no post-purchase remorse (which sometimes is a real bummer in my purchases). Problems: Not so much with the camera, but with the whole digital experience-- a lot of time is spent on post processing and printing. The days of dropping film off and getting back pictures was easier, but I do like my custom results.

Great camera! AS works great. Noise isn´t a problem under ISO 200 which is enough encouraging AS, Good battery life, excellent color response, great lens=sharp and very usable (28-200), good value for money even in comparism to 300D-summarising:great camera! Problems: low ligth focus performance, low light flash exposure

himagain

I had the opportunity to use the camera for the first time yesterday. It felt very nice in the hand - not heavy and not too light either. The EVF which has been the main thing holding me back from buying something previously is at last adequate for composing without making me feel that I really need a proper thru-the-lens SLR view (and having to pay for it). The only gripe I had is that while the lens is great, and it has a proper zoom ring, the feel of the zooming mechanism is not nice. ...