Minolta DiMAGE 5

Announced Feb 11, 2001 •
3 megapixels | 1.8 screen | 35 – 250 mm (7.1×)

Very good digital camera, perfect pictures, fast AF.

MikeCerv

Hi everybody, This is a review after upgrading my dimage 5 with the new firmware. I experienced the best battery performance and duration using Ansmann NiMh 2000mah. After the update i was able to shoot more than 200 pictures. The quality setting was fine and the resolution max. The charger i use is an Ansmann powerline 5 wich charge those batteries with 900mah. Also i found the autofocus a little bit quicker then before. (tested with two dimage's at the same time). I'm still really happy ...

I bought one a few weeks ago. It's really great. cuz it gives me the completely control, which is the most important thing. You can visit my homepage www.senstudio.com to see the picture taken with this camera

I love everything about this camera except for the way it chews through batteries. If you buy this camera, invest in some good rechargeables ... I'd suggest buying 3 sets. Problems: Battery Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Genevieve

I'm very happy with my D5. It takes great pictures, leaves me as much control as I want and (I think!) helps me become a better photographer... And it's just plain fun to carry my D5 around!! It took me 2 days to read the manual. And after that, a few days just to get use to it. I found a couples of "favorite" settings from D7 owners and I'm trying it on the D5. I'm an argentic girl and I have to learn a lot with this new digital camera. But it fits my needs, it gives me perfect pictures and ...