Minolta DiMAGE 2300

Announced Jun 24, 2000 •
Jon Dew

Owned and operated for 1 week. Initial problem (non-compatibility with windows xp) was overcome after a little investigation and experimentation. Minolta say no drivers for xp available - why?? Maybe no drivers are available.... but there is a workaround! After almost binning the camera, I managed to get it to download into MGI Photosuite. Now, my only previous digital camera experience was with an ageing Kodak mc3. Comparing the resulting image quality with this, I'd give the 2300 100% - ...

Rob Mason

Overall the 2300 was good value for money. I bought it for 215 GBP when most other 2.3 mega pixel cameras were > 300 GBP. You can see some of my photographs at http://bsdbox.homeunix.com. However, having used the camera for 18 months, I have become frustrated with a few minor design flaws. Firstly, the 2300 battery life is poor. I have resorted to using Nickel Hydride (Ni MH) rechargeable batterries - these give a few days frequent use (avoiding use of the LCD preview screen). I have also ...

joupin

Windows XP and My Cam 2300 Problems: Its not working in windows xp ( Minolta Customer Support Said ) !!!!! But Finnaly I found the way , just follow this 1. Open the control panel from the Start menu 2. Select "Service and Maintanence", if you're in the cathegory view, then "Maintenance; or directly "Maintenance", if you're in the classic view. 3. Select "Services" 4. Scroll down the list, until you find a service, named "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)". 5. Click with the right mouse button ...

Nice little camera for an amateur like me. Problems: Yeah updated to XP and Minolta are not very nice by not updating their products. Won't buy them again.

I agree with all the other reveiwers about the under exposed images indoors. I thought that it was just me being daft. Yuo can brighten them in various programs though, so its not a major problem. Battery life is poor, I use Duracell Ultras and they seem the best so far. Problems: No problems in 18 months

I used this camera for 15 month and I think is a good camera with good quality on outdoors picrures. I also think that is easy to use. For a biginner photographer this is the camera! Problems: The only problem I found on this camera was indoor pictures, which are most of the time underspose

An excellent introduction to digital photography.Very basic point and shoot camera....simplicity itself ! Problems: Could not download images directly to PC with Windows XP. I had to purchase a separate CF reader.

After 15 months with the D2300 I'm still pleased with it - I find the image quality good and the camera is easy to use. It's easy enough for other family members to 'point and shoot' but is capable of turning out photos that are good enough for publication (and have been published, actually). The video output is great for showing the pictures off quickly with no fuss (good for technophobe relatives!). Problems: Occasionally it delivers underexposed images but I've always managed to fix them ...

i liked the camera but battery was one of two things switch to slide lens open . Problems: open lens switch has fault it makes battery go low and switch of because i have the same thing go when i use my power pack and its a minolta had 6month only

Batteries are used too much can any one please suggest the way out is the charger effective Problems: Batteries are used too much can any one please suggest the way out is the charger effective