Minolta DiMAGE 2300

Announced Jun 24, 2000 •

I bought this camera on-line, and at first thought I had a good purchase. However, after using the camera for a while, its problems began to shine through. First, the camera is not Windows XP compatible. It is only compatible with ME, 98 or lower. There aren't drivers for it, don't bother looking. I ended up buying a CompactFlash reader--which I have decided was better in the long run anyway. Second, Minolta customer service for this product was terrible. I will never purchase a Minolta ...

Edd Retrer

I've used a lot of cameras (35mm,120mm and diigital) but this camera was the worst camera i've ever used. Bad AF, Bad exposure, and the poorest image quality i've ever seen on a 2.3Mpixels camera, okay for a 800kPixels webcam but not for a 2.3Mpixels camera. Problems: - exposure, AF, image quality, card reader, batteries consumption. ...

I have never really gotten this camera to work properly with the lcd screen on - after 15 seconds, the camera will shut down. Was able to take pics with the viewfinder and downloaded pics to pc with a card reader. Problems: Defective camera - according to Minolta, using the lcd should not shut the camera off... Hopefully, warranty service will fix this.

Shaun Arora

The camera's great, but it takes too long to snap a picture. Also, I recommend getting a CompactFlash to USB hub, because it burns batteries otherwise.

This is an okay starter camera. I have found that it does take quality photos outdoors on a sunny day, but as for indoor photos, it's not that good unless you're near a window and get a lot of sun. When using the flash, all my photos tend to have a yellowish appearance, and without the flash, I get either a grainy or a blurred photo. It's pretty easy to figure it out if you don't read the directions, but the battery life is terrible, also I had problems uploading photos to a Windows ME ...

I got the camera for christmas, a few days later the LCD screen had stopped working. Pictures are grainy. And basically the same complaints as everyone else. Problems: LCD Screen Battery useage USB is clumsy grainy pictures

I was all excited to get my first digital camera, and boy what a let down this Dimage 2300 was. Its about useless for indoor photo's. They come out dark and fuzzy. The flash either isn't powerful enough, or it totally washes out everything. I've used other digital camera's and my webcam takes a better picture. Its very awkward to view pictures after you take them and worst of all is the noise this thing makes! it's loud! and it beeps every time you hit a button, and you can't shut the ...

MDM3

Got it as gift. Person who bought it was lied to by salesman It was obvious this one was returned once maybe twice before. Not what I wanted in a digital camera, especially for on sale price paid. $370 Returned today. I have always been please with other std. Minolta cameras not this time! Problems: No optical zoom, digital ineffective. Picture quality subpar . Doesn't seem like 2+ mil pixel Batteries supplied were half drained Software problems.

THOMAS HK

THREW AWAY AFTER 4 MONTHS EXAMINATION. HUGE POWER CONSUMPTION YOU CAN'T BELIEVE,MORE WORSE THAN PENTAX 330.(ALKALINE OR RECHARGABLE) NO FUNCTION AT ALL(ON COMPACT DC STAND POINT, NOT MY EOS3) Problems: TIRED OF TRYING

It is the least digital camare I ever had. Problems: Flash is useless Digital zoom is a joke All photos are grainy and either over or under exposed The way the camera names the photos is totally annoying