Minolta DiMAGE 2300

Announced Jun 24, 2000 •

*Very good price and quality balance *Good picture quality *Chipper than the other same category cameras *Compact size *Built in and sufficient flash *Usefull software, USB *Nice design Problems: *No optic zoom *Read carefully the user's guide before using to get good result

The image quality is disappointing for a 2.3mp camera. There is a useful in-built image sharpening feature which helps improve picture quality, but I find image editing applications can produce better results. I also found that in most situations, the exposure compensation had to be adjusted to produce the right result - I find this unacceptable. Problems: The biggest problem by far with this camera is it’s totally inadequate flash, which produces underexposed pictures time after time. ...

this camera sucks,the image quality is appalling,i am less than impressed.it seems to lack quality in all situations.i.ve got a four week return on this camera and i,ve had it one week.i just get bad results,i wanted it for business and family and its failed for both........its going back tommorow~! Problems: bad flash,to dark background,to light foreground,very blured most of time,even still images.cant believe minolta got it so wrong.my web cam was better quality![nearly]

For the money, it's a good camera. If you don't take it to seriously, the camera works fine. I have a MP3 player which uses smart-media cards, so I am very happy to exchange them with the camera. The biggest disadvantage is the flash, which is very poor! And the dial for the settings moves when you put the camera into the pocket, so you have to check the dial before you can take a picture. Problems: Flash

I was rather disappointed with this camera. As for build quality, there are smaller models on the market for around the same price. The image quality is pretty good, and you can alter the exposure to a certain extent. But the biggest problem I found was battery life. Even with the LCD screen switched off, a fresh set of AA alkaline batteries is drained very quickly. I would seriously recommend you check out other camera reviews before plumping for this one. Problems: Short battery life N ...

This is good camera! It only cost about 280 USD in Finland and it´s a good investment if you need a camera that can take big pictures. If you need a camera that can take better quality images, costs two or three times more... Think about it!

I've had this camera for less than a month. Using 3 different photo-quality printers on separate computers, I have grain-iness and powdered faces on my output. I brought this to Minolta for warranty repair and they told me that no problems were found - my output is normal for this camera. From my experience, don't buy it. It is not of 2.3M pixel quality. I am truly disappointed. Problems: The lense does not have an adjustable zoom but is fixed at 1, 1.5 and 2x. Grain-iness output.

I bought this camera to upgrade from a Kodak DC220, but found the Kodak takes a much better picture. I am very dissapointed in this camera

I'm not a happy camper - the image quality is not near as good as I expected. Some shots taken in sunlight are so overexposed that they are unusable. Flash is also very poor indoors. Iimage definition is also below par. I guess I'll have to start saving for something better again!