Minolta DiMAGE 2300

Announced Jun 24, 2000 •

Very bad image for this unbelievable camera which from Minolta! I owned Epson 750z with 1.3MB pixel. I used it for years to take quality picture. I though it would be time to upgrade better camera and soon I purchase this camera with promotion price(list RM1699 slash to RM988). I return the camera after a few shoot with very bad quality. Luckily the sales personel accept this return for resale. Thank a lot for this charm lady Problems: picture with grainy, dark, alway under exposure even in ...

dudes,quality is good when u know how to make photos... yes, a few problems but for price of 280USD... it has video output it can make short movies what else could you want from such a cheap camera?? Problems: zoom,battery

Should think before buying this camera. Image quality isn't that good, and does very poorly in bad lighting conditions. Images are quite ok when light is good, but not as detailed as one would hope. However it's CHEAP for a digital, and must be judged accordingly, and for the price , it's a very useable camera. Problems: The coverage of the USB connector seems very weak, should be handled with care.

I was very disappointed with this camera. The picture colours are poor, the flash is very poor also, so that causes the backgrounds to be very dark. The camera heats too much when you take a lot of pictures in a row. The outdoor pictures are not clear. I tried many different settings, but nothing changed. On about 100 pictures taken, I only liked 3 pictures. The zoom is useless... it's not even an optical zoom; the digital zoom reduce the quality, and doesn't worth it. It's probably just a ...

I recently bought a Dimage 2300, but promptly returned and exchanged it for a Canon A20, which I am now very happy with. The 2300 was my first digital camera, but it failed to live up to my expectations. The main problem with it was that it wouldn't focus properly on anything beyond about 1m. It does have a ‘macro’ mode, but 0.3m is the closest you can go, not really macro really (and yes I did take it out of the macro mode when taking other shots). Also the flash was very ...

For me is a good camera, good quality, incredible price for a 2,3M pixel very indispensable flash upgrade Problems: none for now

I have now had the camera a wek and am extremely pleased with it. The results even printing A4 size pics from the economy setting are pretty good. I would have liked a means of turning off the annoying beeps when altering settings though. It is my 1st digicam though I have an old Canon SLR and a Canon Ixus APS so am not totally ignorant about photography. The Minolta's best point though must be its price.....£219.00 from dabs .com!! Problems: none

Many problems in the first place. Not easy to handle comparing with Olympus. Problems: Not batery friendly. Instructions for use only on CD. Need much more memory then delivered with the camera. Pictures or okay ! Changed after short time to Olympus.

Problems: I have the model where the batteries are inserted in a star type arrangement and a the life of these are poor and the access door is very difficult to pen and close ..is this just my bad luck ..I would like to buy the ac adaptor..the info on this is limited..can anyone suggest..

It was the cheapest 2 Megapixel camera I could find. Flash exposure works ok, but you have to set ISO sensitivity to high and correct exposure manually. Not too user friendly but quality is ok and the price is right. Problems: Default settings inadequate