Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z5

Announced Jan 21, 2005 •

I have just gotten it today, Traded it with somebody on craigslist. I can't afford to let myself actually buy a camera, So I got one used. So far I have been very happy with it. The anti-shake system is very effective, video quality is impressive, the 12x zoom is very impressive also, my previous camera had only 3x. I can record about 30 minutes of highest-quality video on my 2GB SD card. I'll be updating this review if I can in the future as I have more experiences with it. Problems: A lot ...

I've been photographing with this camera for more than 3 years. Coarse green and red dots in shadow areas have been bothering me. The camera's white balace is also a problem, the pictures are all greenish. Wish anyone could help me bring back its normal white balance! However, I like its focus speed and zoom lens.

After Z20 it show horrible pictures..? High noise even at ISO50. Not detailed picture. Too soft. USB cover may be torn off after some time of use. Too many "cant focus" times. Can recoed audio with video. Too expensive for almost no change from Z20... Even worse pictures. How can this be? Why make even smaller range of exposures? Problems: Lense was defective. Got my money back.

Okay, this camera has a lot of noise compared to i. Canon or Fujifilm, but for the price what can you expect? Stick to low ISO and you will be fine. (50 ISO and MAX 100 ISO). The camera also has an very impressive continuoes mode. Set the camera to max resolution, but set the JPEG compression on standard or economy setting and you can shoot a lot of 1.8 fps until buffer is full. (A lot of pictures). It also has an impressive 10.5 fps but with 1024X768 (making 10X15 cm prints max or for ...

fedos

Don't buy this camera before producer don't make revision in firmware !!!!! Problems: The camera frozen if picture is largest than 3.3MB (if you try use zoom in view mode)

Overall the camera operated as advertised. I really liked the speed. This camera is great from shot to shot and the burst is spectacular. The 640x48 video is also very good. A good feature that seems to be unadvertised is the ability to "zoom" while you are producing video. This is very good. Problems: Pictures had noise even at ISO 50. I compared it to the Panasonic DMC-FZ5 and the Panasonic DMC-FZ5 pictures were much better. However, when printing on 4x6 I can say that the Dimage held ...

Overall the camera operated as advertised. Problems: Pictures had noise even at ISO 50. I compared it to the Panasonic DMC-FZ5 and the Panasonic DMC-FZ5 pictures were much better. However, when printing on 4x6 I can say that the Dimage held on...just slightly less quality than the Panasonic. On screen, however there was a big difference. The Panasonic wins.

I loved this camera! It had everything I wanted & more. Very easy to use, fit perfectly in my hand and for the price- a great deal. Unfortunately, I had to return the camera. See below Problems: The major problem for this camera was the image quality. The photos it produces are terrible. They are noisy and the color is not even close to true. It also has significant trouble focusing in low light, and photos shot indoors are hardly bearable. The one reason to buy a camera is to have ...

It has frozen only one time. Froze and died and never worked anymore. I bought it on March , 2 and it died on March , 9. Worked only for 7 days. Otherwise I liked it a lot. Anti-Shake is really of great help, the camera was a piece of cake to use. Eduardo Problems: See above

Don't buy this camera! If you're after a camera that has low noise (not grainy) and focuses easily or quickly, then steer clear from this camera. If I had the money and if the camera was available, I would've bought the Olympus C-7070. Problems: The system has also frozen twice and removing the batteries was the only way to reset it.