Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z10

Announced Jul 7, 2004 •
3 megapixels | 1.5 screen | 36 – 290 mm (8.1×)
Pyxi

Love this camera. My Z10 takes great macros at 1.5cm! Excellent all round camera - crisp clear images, very easy to navigate settings. Unbelievable battery life on NiMH 2100. It has provided the perfect bridge for the launch into my next camera - a DSLR. Most likely a Canon 400D. Problems: I suppose it would be nice to have sound on the video, but I've never bothered to take a video. No mechanical problems in the 2 years I've used my Z10.

The biggest complaint I have about this camera is it's slow shutter speed. But it certainly does take great stills and far away (zoomed in) pics. I'm sad to say, my camera is toast so I'm in the market. I'm going to miss this camera. Problems: Fuse is blown 2x, and since getting it "fixed" it had issues trying to focus on things indoors with varing light. The first fuse blown was cause to an improper "welded" USB port, it fell into the camera and blew the fuse. This second time is ...

Very easy to use, my Z10 camera. Great handling, because of the ergonomics and size. Very good battery management, enabling me to take more pictures. Fast seeing of previous taken photos, its a very useful feature and very eficient also. Nice optical zoom, for the price. Problems: It's takes quick shots, but I was expecting it could be quicker. Depends of the exposure, pherhaps... Doesn't fit in my pocket, but a result of my choice. I prefered the wider zoom, disregarding the size of the ...

Great camera for such price. Easy for use.

This camera produces great result straight out of the camera. Nice sharpness, not that much noise, well saturated images, good fast 8X lens. Very fast to use, fast focus. Problems: Why the heck did they not include a microphone for the sound? Is looong time since we had movies without sound! Come on, this is the 20th century! Small screen, 1.5" really is not that much. Poor fps. Only 1.3 and limited to a couple of shots.

Fantastic value for the money (especially now) 1. Accurate and vibrant color 2. Lots of features, the d-pad used for shutter speed/aperture easily under thumb and are easily accessed without looking at them - it's a photographer's camera 3. Really fast startup, and everything is self contained so lens doesn't extend from body - this helps the startup time 4. good zoom range, a little tight at the wide end though (as most P&S digicams are) 5. Really good flash metering, even in macro Speaking ...

c00l

Ottima fotocamera con molteplici funzioni in manuale ed in automatico. Stabilizzatore d'immagine ottimo ed eccellente qualità delle immagini anche grazie al superlativo obiettivo. Unica pecca eccessivo rumore alle sensibilità più alte. Facilissima da usare e comandi molto intuitivi. Bassissimo consumo delle batterie (con delle ricaricabili non di marca da 2200mh si fanno circa 300 scatti con flash + 150 senza flash).

Excellent value for the money. The 8x zoom is great, although not being image stabilized, you have to watch for camera movement when zoomed out. Very excellent macro, minimum field of view ONE INCH! Good for bugs and such if you're interested in such things. Battery life is also quite good, camera will work ok with regular batteries, although it is best to use NiMH rechargables. Problems: None

rasa

This is my first digital, and I am convinced digital is the way to go with this camera. Easy to carry around (not heavy), easy to use with a lot of features. I could easily recommend this to anyone up through Amateur level. Problems: Focusing in dim light and the shutter lag.

Low power consumption. Fast start (0.5s). Very good quality of photos. Low noise from 64 to 200 ISO.