Kodak DCS660

Announced Jun 18, 1999 •
6 megapixels | APS-H sensor
Rob Helm

In 2000 this was a $20,000 camera, today in 2003 it's a $3,000 bargain. It was the standard by which all others were judged. A Digital F5, with 6.1 megapixals. 24x30 blow ups are of such a high quality, I almost feel they are made with my hasselblad. I know those who do 30x40's that are said to be fantastic. It's been replaced by the easier to use, but not as good DCS 760, which is now itself on the way out for the higher megapixal 14n. I love this camera for high quality high resolution ...

Unknown user 70265

Great camera for the old time portrait business. I have shot over 9000 old time portraits and had no problems.

I shot a slew of blue screen / chroma-key sessions and the noisy blue channel made things very difficult in the keying process. I found the capture software to be slow. The shadows seemed very flat. The resolution of this cam is great but I did experience amounts of moiré. The controls on the rear are a bit cumbersom Problems: After using this cam I found the battery/card door latch to fall apart.

David Myers

Can not believe the improvement over the old DCS460 - Magic - Straight out of the box. Hate the 'Noise Reduction' hidden away in the preferences- thank goodness for RAW files and being able to reprocess shots after they came out like watercolour paintings - Bad One, Kodak. Great handling and a good chip size - get superb architecturals with a14mm rectilinear! A3 Images anyone? I just hope my competitors dont't find out how good the DCS 660 is - but how could they no one ever mentions or ...

Unknown user 31140

I am a Jewelery/model photographer, and I have used many digital cameras. The DCS660 is by far the best camera I have used.