Kodak EasyShare CX6230

Announced Jun 2, 2003 •

I bought my Kodak last Christmas at a bargain price and I have not looked back. For a 2mp camera of such a low price, this camera has by far the best picture quality and colour adjustment I've seen. Great in all conditions, it has never let me down. Unfortuantely, my screen broke under circumstances unknown. So I'm looking to upgrade. There are plenty of useful functions to use and the Kodak colour science technology is really amazing. Problems: Although a very hardy camera. My screen broke ...

I use a DX6490 and I bought this camera for my eight-year old daughter to use. I'm just going to post a link to a discussion in the Kodak forum on her first day using this camera. http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1011&message=9161871 Problems: None to date.

tace73

I got my camera as a present. I'm very satisfied with the quality of the pictures. I think that only one feature is not included and that is taking picture while in moving. I'm not satisfied only with the duration of batteries, but I'll not encouter that as a problem, because it is a older model.

I bought one for my wife. After testing it, I bought one for my son and recommended it to my other children. It has many of the features my Nikon 900 has for a LOT less money. This is a bargain, especially at $99; they are apparently discontinuing the model because the sale prices are starting to show up. It's only a 2 megapixel, but that's plenty for up to 8x10 prints. It's a bit klutsy in design--awkward to hold, especially for verticals--but I like it very much. PJO

I bought this camera for my daughter who has found it easy to use except (see below). The picture quality is excellent for the pixel rating and as long as you use rechargable NiMH batteries together with a spare set you are made. Problems: The camera has a fiddly five way (up, down, right, left and OK) switch which started to malfunction after a few weeks. You could scroll down but not up (for up you get "OK") - which gets you into problems with some items that then become hard to escape from ...

The reccommended battery for this is two high quality alkalines. I was told they would last for 54 pictures. They lasted for around 12! My daughter forgot to use the expensive batteries and they don't even last long enough for the start up!! I have asked Kodak for my money back. It has now taken a total of about 25 shots!! Problems: The battteries only last for around 12 shots versus the 54 claimed. The camera is not fit for purpose as I was advised by the salesperson and I am demanding a refund.

Great value for money, very little shutter lag, great colour, very easy to use, plastic but still feels quite robust,good lens, overall picture quality is very good for a 2MP camera. Great for those who want a small point and shoot DC without breaking the bank balance. Problems: none

wjklein

A lot of bang for the buck and quite easy to get quickly familiar with and to operate. About the only annoyance is Kodak's strange notion of listing "picture quality" settings as 2.0 MP, 1.8 MP. 1.0 MP, etc. (really rather useless information) as opposed to simply stating image sizes in pixels at the various settings. An online-friendly 640 x 480 pixel image option (something I think every camera ought to have) is unfortunately not among the presets, the smallest coming in at 816 x 616.