HP Photosmart R607

Announced Aug 28, 2004 •
stefanv

I use a Nikon Coolpix 8700 for my semi-serious photography, but bought the R607 to keep in my pocket for those spur-of-the-moment pictures. For the price ($240 Cdn) and the size, it's a really good camera. It has a few manual features, but it takes great pictures in fully automatic mode most of the time. It also takes decent pictures indoors, unlike either of the prosumer Nikons I've owned. Problems: I have two complaints about this camera: 1) Some of the settings aren't remembered when you ...

Garry Ozols

My Wife bought this camera for me and while I was a bit unsure at the time, I have grown to love this camera. Every time I am asked to take a pic with someone elses Digital Cam and I ask "where is (insert here)feature" and I get a "I dont think it has that" I appreciate mine more and more. It has its shortcomings, but it is good enough to make me want a DSLR like the DRebel, just enough features to make it good, but now that you have them, you want more.

acehardy

I owned or won the M407 and this R607. I do home inspections so I need a camera with fast shutter speed and great lighting abilites. This camera is great even in those dark and gloomy days. The adabtive lighting effects are great and brighten those dark photos.This is a great camera and for $240 Canadian yes Canadian at Staples at 4.1 megapixel. its easy to point and shoot and for more creative shooting a great camera. Problems: The batteries a lithium and have to be custom ordered.