HP Photosmart R607

Announced Aug 28, 2004 •
stefanv

I use a Nikon Coolpix 8700 for my semi-serious photography, but bought the R607 to keep in my pocket for those spur-of-the-moment pictures. For the price ($240 Cdn) and the size, it's a really good camera. It has a few manual features, but it takes great pictures in fully automatic mode most of the time. It also takes decent pictures indoors, unlike either of the prosumer Nikons I've owned. Problems: I have two complaints about this camera: 1) Some of the settings aren't remembered when you ...

Iylyo

This camera was fantastic when I first received it as a gift, but as I got more into digital photography I have become increasingly aware of its limitations. That said, it is a great little machine for what it is. Some of the features I really like: -Battery lasts a very long time (except when it's really cold). -Good zoom factor, generally diverse: supermacro to distance is a great range! -Pretty light and small. -Good red-eye reduction. -Horray for movies! -Very easy to use and get used to. ...

Garry Ozols

My Wife bought this camera for me and while I was a bit unsure at the time, I have grown to love this camera. Every time I am asked to take a pic with someone elses Digital Cam and I ask "where is (insert here)feature" and I get a "I dont think it has that" I appreciate mine more and more. It has its shortcomings, but it is good enough to make me want a DSLR like the DRebel, just enough features to make it good, but now that you have them, you want more.

Its the best camera i 've ever seen. Very nice colors at difficalt places as shnow. It has a lot of manual settings. I believe a miidle user will be use less than half. Very nice the command for elimination red eyes and ligting the dark place. It's a realy excelent camera

FrankWJ

There is surprisingly lots of pixel noise even at ISO 100 at f2.6 with a "Pentax" lense. The noise is reduced at f4.4 but still noticeable. The JPEG compression yields appropriate file sizes, but there is virtually no difference in the image quality between "**" and "****." Why have an MP4 camera when its quality is inferior to older MP2 Sonys? On the positive side, when a memory card is used, the flash recycle time is wonderfully short. And the Lithium Ion battery seems to last a long time.

acehardy

I owned or won the M407 and this R607. I do home inspections so I need a camera with fast shutter speed and great lighting abilites. This camera is great even in those dark and gloomy days. The adabtive lighting effects are great and brighten those dark photos.This is a great camera and for $240 Canadian yes Canadian at Staples at 4.1 megapixel. its easy to point and shoot and for more creative shooting a great camera. Problems: The batteries a lithium and have to be custom ordered.