HP Photosmart C500

Announced Oct 3, 1999 •

The HP Photosmart c500 has some weight to it which I find comfortable. I use it for landscape photography as well as photographing componants for computer manipulation art and have found it to be a very good allrounder. However I wouldn't use it for sports-action photos as I have found the delay between shutter button press and the photo being taken to be a bit too long. Problems: No support on the web for scripting for the Digita OS. Flashpoint have removed their site that had scripting info.

Good, as long as you have money for batteries. the Nihm batteries that were included lasted about 10 pictures, another set lasted only 8. Alkaline gave me 2. that was with no zooming or LCD. It was easy to operate though, even without a "manual", and the pictures were great. I did, however trade it for a HP 618 after about a month, and this seems to be a better buy. Problems: Battery Life.

The Camera Works Great, Is a lot clearer now that I have installed the firmware upgrade, it made a huge difference in image quality. I have compared it to my dads kodak dc215 and the hp 315 has slightly better color and the pictures are sharper. I run all my pictures full screen 17 monitor and the images are almost flawless. C'ant beat it for the price. Problems: Can only put 10 pics on 8mb fc in hires mode so I purchased a 32 mb card