HP Photosmart C215

Announced Sep 20, 2000 •

sharp pictures - but very slow AF (1-2 sec.) extremely high power consumption (cant' use accu), no external power supply included, problems with photos under the sun (overexposed CCD), no lens cover, no additional LCD dispaly, no memory settings, I've returned this camera, and seeking for better one... Problems: see above

I am happy with this camera. It's the only digital I have ever used so I can only compare it to my expectations - and it meets my expectations. Something to note: the color and depth of my pictures can change with the slightest movement. Take two pictures of the same object within seconds of each other, and the two pictures will look extremely different from each other. I take advantage of this color and tinting change by choosing my favorite of the two. If I want fine quality pictures, I ...

I have missed many good pictures waiting for the cammera or the batteries went dead. I An using nimh type rechargeables which if used the same day can fill up my flash card at least. The pictures are grainy, I often resample down two about half the size to get decent picture, and forget it if you or any of your subjects move. Problems: the batteries wont stay in anymore, i wore the cover out changing them hundreds of times.

Cámara de 1.3 Mpixel con una profundidad de color que deja mucho que desear. Sencilla en el manejo. El enfoque a través del monitor es muy lento y consume excesivas pilas. Estas tienen que estar totalmente nuevas para poder sacar fotos usando el flash. Sin emplear el LCD la duración de las pilas se alarga. El software de descarga al PC me pareció muy bueno y rápido. El tamaño de la cámara es bastante grande y de poca ergonomía. CONCLUSION: no la recomiendo. (Tardé pocos dias en devolverla) Pr ...

This camera has been a terrible experence. Gald I didn't buy this thing. It was a door prize. The battery people must have designed this thing as it absolutely "eats" batteries. H/P says it won't work with re-charagables but it will. Problems: Off/On switch keeps getting bumped and goes on, so there goes the batteries. LCD is weak and virtually un-readable.

As someone who used to develop his own negatives/positives and print his own color pics with a 35mm, I'm happily surprised by the pics this cheap little camera makes. Everyone I've sent the pics to has been impressed by the quality. Look, this camera is for email pics, not archival photos. It serves that purpose beautifully for a $100 camera (after rebate). YES, it chews up batteries, but they're cheap. As a cheap little point & shoot camera it takes beautiful pics in the super-fine mode. P ...

Photo e2 batteries from Energizer are the solution to the battery problem. HP says the camera will be damaged by rechargeable batteries. I have taken over 200 pictures with the e2 batteries. I leave the viewfinder off as much as possible. Image depth is very poor at times. Faces look pastie. It seems that the flash exaserbates this problem. The image compression algorithm takes out too much detail.

I have replaced the 4 AA batteries 6 times and taken 21 pictures. First mistake was downloading using batteries. Poof, 4 batteries dead for first 4 pictures. 24 batteries for 21 pictures? Reply from HP? "Normal."

Piece of Junk! Problems: Needs new batteries every 5 minutes. Features arent worth the money. 4MB memory isnt enough for the price.

Mi primera cámara digital, buen precio, robusta, sencilla, calidad buena a papel 11 x 15 impresa con la epson 740. IDEAL para viajar tranquilo por su bajo precio. BUENA para principiantes. Problems: Recomiendo poner PILAS ALCALINAS RECARGABLES Y ampliarle una tarjeta de 16mb (40 fotos) o 64 mb (180 fotos de 1280 x 960) Un poco lenta en enfocar y disparar.