HP Photosmart C200

Announced Oct 3, 1999 •
perempe

Borrowed from a friend of mine to shoot holiday pictures. Minimal camera. (Less function - less error.) Good exposure and dynamic range. Durable. Problems: Pretty slow. No optical zoom. (It's also an advantage: less error-prone.) Just 1 megapixel.

spitsini

My first digital camera. Very easy of use. I sold this camera more than one year. Recently i bought Olympus P10 photo printer and i made some prints of my old digital photos. I'm surprised because the quality of photos are poor on my display, but i manage to print more than 100 very good photos! The C200 that i sold is still in use without any problems!

alan adzima

This camera is a great buy for the money. I have used the camera for web page images for the past three years and has proved more than sufficient. If you are looking to print the images out choose a camera with more pixels, but this camera has plently for the web and email. Problems: The serial port connection tends to be finicky especially if you donnot restart the computer to connect it. A simpler and faster solution to this problem is to get a compact flash card reader.

es muy buena, la recomiendo Problems: no puedo bajar los controladores, me pueden sugerir donde bajarlos

the camera for amateurs is cool

Bardzo dobry aparat dla amatorów. Zdjęcia bardzo łade, wychodzą w prawie każdych warunkach. Słaba jakość wyświetlacza LCD, oraz niewygodne przyciski. Ogólnie aparat sprawuje się dobrze ale jest raczej dla początkujących.

I had used 35 mm SLR's for many years; this is my first digital camera. Its features are modest, but I love it! Small enough to carry everywhere. Had to switch to NiMH rechargeable batteries to use the back display; they are wonderful. I'm strictly digital now. Problems: Some pix are underexposed for no obvious reason.

I have owned this camera since August 2000 (I won as a prize from Hewlett Packard). Previous experience with a Fuji digital (no longer own and can't remember model.. used for 2 years). Have now won another digital camera from HP.. this time a model C215. Performance have been much the same on all 3... they ALL eat batteries like there is no tomorrow... so much for caring for the environment! To reduce battery consumption I have: 1) Use a memory card reader (my HP PhotoSmart P1100 printer ...

H. Vink

I bought this camera in 1999 relunctantly going from analog to digital. But I must say I'm really enjoying this camera. Ok iit's not the most suffistocated (?) but very easy to handle and to store (in a pocket during wintersport). Sometimes the images are a bit dark, but with editing software that's easy to overcame. The only I miss is the zoomcapability. Problems: none so far

The only problem with this digicam is that I've benn having connexion pbs w/ it after only 6-7 months,. HP sent me a new cable, but that didn't help. I may have to buy a new COM extension just to be able to upload pictures to my computer again... Other than that I love my camera, I think it takes relatively good pics considering the price (even when I bought it i.e. oct 2000). I'm just frustrated that i can't uplaod them anymore. It's lost all its use b/c of that. Problems: connexion pbs => ...