HP Photosmart 715

Announced Oct 2, 2001 •

This was my first digital camera. Bought 4 years ago, it produced excellent photos, which in the same situaton have been unmatched by some of my subsequent consumer cameras. Unfortuantley it now lies at the bottom of a river in Paris. For its time it was brilliant - and even now it is well remembered, whilst subsequent cameras have been forgotten. Coops http://coopersphotos.co.uk

dana_nell

I have nearly 3000 pictures on the counter with this HP 715. Very good picture quality with direct print with a hp photosmart printer and using it for images that can be used on web sites.The 3x optical zoom is great. The battery saving options are great, and the contruction design prevent me having a finger infront of the lens.

Steve Liddle

all the pictures I have taken with the camera are of exellent quality, It is the easiest camera to use that I have found yet. Problems: There was one problem with the camera the battery bottom broke and I can not use it without taping it on, I Don't know if theres anything you can do to fix it or not. It should of lasted alot longer than that for 500 dollars.

terminator3

I owned the camera for almost a year and have had lots of fun taking pictures. Took over 800 and am generally pleased with quality of images. I attempted to take also some portraits photos with excellent results. I printed some of them in 4x6, 5x7 and the quality was excellent. When printed few at 8x10 noticed some resolution limitations...probably 6MP or better would do. I was using 64 MB CF card and its size I found sufficient - ability to take around 40-50 shots without downloading... This ...

Gregory Ross

I have been using this camera for over a year and I love it. It is my 3rd digital camera and it performs incredibly well. I have been printing my pictures as 8x10's at the local WalMart and they come out perfectly. The focus can be a little difficult sometimes, but by learning to prefocus the camera helps greatly. Also the threading on the lens requires the use of an extension tube or a stack of rings from old broken filters.

scott

This is a great camera! The images are comparable to a 4 and 5 megapixel camera! I've had 6 digital cameras and this is the most easy to use and has the best picture quality. The software is by far the best I've seen with a digital camera. It automatically pops up when you connect the camera to your computer, then you simply click if you want to view, print, email, or publish your images! If you are going to print 8x10 or smaller, this camera is more than sufficient. It is extremely ...

Claus Djervad

I received this camera as a birthday present. I was very pleased with the thing I could do with it at first, but ran in to a couple of traps not known to be there. Since it was my first digital camera, I was trying to handle it as a normal point-and-shoot camera, but found that when trying to take pics of animals in action wasn't really what this camera was ment for. In all fairness, it IS a good camera with a reasonable price, and if You shoot in a fairly bright light, the pics are ...

e-mail-io

I've been using this camera for a week now, and there is little to know/say about it. For 299 € (MediaMarkt) you get the same lens that the Canon G1/G2, the Sony S75/85, the Casio QV4000 or the Epson 3100 -a 34-102 (eq) zoom with a 2.0-2.5 aperture. When there is good light the pictures come out incredibly nice. Not only those at max. resolution, but the little ones as well, and you can take a hundred of them with the 16Mb card included. This is a very simple camera. 100 iso only, ...

Jerry Kite

Very good picture quality with direct print with a photojet printer and even better when enhancing with PSP. The batteries last much longer than in my HP C215. The 3x optical zoom is great. Problems: The only problem I have is that the on/off switch is a little difficult to get use to.

Jeanne Norris

I like this camera very well and with a 128mb Compact Flash card (add On purchase) I can take all the photos I need at very good quality setting.