HP Photosmart 435

Announced Aug 11, 2003 •
FZ18

Done with its mission (taking 0-1 yr baby still photos). It was broken when it was dropped. My nikon never breaks. It's easy to use because it has no features. I'm glad I only paid <$100 for it. Problems: died

ilovepotatos

I've had this camera for about 2 years now. Poor construction. The entire camera is one mistake after another. I don't recommend this camera unless you see it at a garage sale for 20 bucks. The LCD is laggy and refreshes the preview slowly, the lens gets dirty very easily. The biggest issue is the battery consumption. You get about 5 shots on fully charged Nickel Metal Hydrate batteries. I recommend getting any other brand of entry level camera, or at the very least, the newer M23. For those ...

Would never buy it again. LCD display is awful. Big battery eater. 10 pics with alkaline batt. Image quality is poor, not sharp depite colors look real. Takes long time between shots. Inacuurate batt indication. Problems: When low battery problems such as the needance to reset the cam appear, or to format the memory. BAD CAM!!! My 1.3 MP 1998 Olympus Camedia D-360L Shoots much better pictures

MBEN

I just bought this on a whim yesterday. I found it on clearance at WalMart for $60. However, I'm still going to take it back. Yes, like many point and shoot digitals that I've used with regular AA batteries this one does use them quickly, esp. with the flash and the display. My old fuji used 4 AA's and lasted somewhat longer. I'd say it's just below average. It is small and works well with WinXP without loading any software. It's hard to find a whole lot good that doesn't have more bad to ...

jackitere

~~when purchased with hp photosmart 145 printer it's great to be able to take the printer with you and print the photos then and there. ~~BUY THE EXTENDED WARRANTEE! I purchased my camera 6 months ago. One day it simply wouldn't turn on. After chatting with tech. support it was determined that my camera needed to be repaired. But since I hadn't purchased the warrantee I was up that proverbial creek without a paddle. I do enjoy this camera enough though that I am currently searching ...

Mika Kujala

Quite deasant as a first camera. Simple to use with average pictures. Consumes batteries quite fast, but still a bit better camera than I expected... Problems: Batteries that came with the camera died almost instantly, but MH batteries last longer.

Is perfect. And EVERYBODY KNOWS digital cameras eat batterys!!! Problems: None

vinvin

Easy to use. Problems: The battery life is too bad.

Esko Syvanen

Tried a chep one and got what I asked. Very bad functionality. Exposure fails often. Slow. Batteries empty all the time. The camera just doesn't work properly. DON'T BUY THIS CAMERA! Problems: Problems with memory card. The camera needed to be restarted all the time, especially when batterie began to be low or when photographing in cold weather. Shut down, eject memory card, insert memory card and restart.... Taking sking photos was like hell.

AdamT2222

Don't buy! My mom bought this camera and I have used it for over a month and I must say this camera is a discrace to photography! Don't buy if at all possible. Battery life sucks, images suck. =[