Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R

Announced Sep 6, 2012 •
Wideangle prime lens | Fujifilm X
km25

It may have a little softness wide open. But from there is near preffect optics, it distortion is on the level of a normal lens and that is not after processing. It is a top level lens on anyones book.

km25

Excellent lens, very little distortion,as seen in raw-no correction. Super sharp. It center is outstanding and only a little soft toward the edges. It has a pull back to the lens in MF, with DOF scale. It handles fast and focus fast. Only a Leica lens feels better. Love this lens.

km25

It is a sharp from center to edge. I love it's MF and DOF scale. Like the 18-55 zoom, correction is made by software. I have no real idea what the true pinchusion/barreling looks like. But if it is corected... well. It looks as sharp as my 60mm F2.4. Problems: Taking on, offf and rev. the lens shade is a learing curve. But not long.

This lens is superb. It does, however, cast a shadow on the other lenses in the XF family. Why don't the 18mm, 35mm and the 60mm have a similar sliding focus ring and a d-o-f scale? The 35, in particular, would benefit from that. After having used the 14, I suddenly feel there is something missing in the handling of the other ones. The 35 is such an outstanding lens that even if adding this feature meant adding to its price, Fuji should still do it. Perhaps there is a technological reason ...

km25

Just got it a few days ago. I has a fast focus, even in low light. No focus failures. The pictures from it are as sharp as my 60MM f/2.4 Fujinon. I maybe the software, but the correction is excellent. This one of best wides I have ever own. Rught up there with my Hassi SWC. Lens lens has a great MF setup. You pull back on the focusing ring, you can match your DOF with your focusing distance. The lens easy to uses and takes top level pics. It will soon become a reason to by into the Fuji "X" ...