FujiFilm FinePix HS10 (FinePix HS11)

Announced Feb 2, 2010 •

Excellent zoom. Good resources. Problems: The quality of the pictures is a bit short of the mark Fuji. But worth the purchase price.

jcmarfilph

- This was the best super-zoom camera for me until the arrival of HS20EXR. - Everything is perfect except for a slow-response but that is tolerable. - With proper handling and knowledge, you can't go wrong with HS10. - I can do difficult BIF, sports, low-light, macro. Name it, HS10 can do it. - For whiners, know your camera first before complaining. - It maybe slow in shot-to-shot delay and write times but that is tolerable.

A must camera for nature lovers, a fantastic Zoom that works well, even hand held! cannot fault this huge zoom lens camera... A couple of "Silver Eye" bird pics in my Gallery to see... look at detail right into the eye, great auto focus and stability control... Problems: None

Many have reported on the HS10 on this site so in the interest of minimizing redundancy will only report on the what I consider to be the outstanding high points and the glaring deficiencies of the camera. I was looking for a high quality still photo camera with as much zoom as possible. After significant research I decided on the Fujifilm Finepix HS10 for it's broad array of settings useful to an amateur such as myself and the superb image quality for a bridge camera. I am very pleased with ...

Image quality of this camera, exceeded my expectations especially full zoom and macro capabilities. Watch out birds and bees you are no longer safe. Third Fuji camera in eight years and I am not disappointd although a few teething problems. Excellent value for money and the 30x zoom really gets those shots that were out of reach .Size and weight of the camera is perfect. Problems: On off switch opposite from previous cameras. LCD hard to see in bright sunlight (as with alot of cameras) Battey ...

I really like this camera and it is only let down slightly soft/loss of detail at the wide end. But I bought it for the 30x zoom tele end which is excellent quality even handheld 720mm. See my gallery for pics taken with this camera. Problems: RAW write speed slow. Not using RAW yet though.

I changed from Canon Power shot to Finepix HS10 and will never regret this step. Excellent optical zoom, see my picture from the Moon in the gallery section. Excellent super macro feature. A very good low light image quality. Bigger than other high class compact digital camera but at least I have something perfect quality in my hand. Problems: No problems encountered what's or ever except it does not come with a manual instead it must be downloaded.

PRO's - Good build quality, solid - Perfect zoom - Enough features, but equally like little compact camera's CON's - mainly on the video it's bad development, => read the problems encountered...: Problems: CON's PHOTO's - Too slow saving process of JPG's, also with 'sport'! - BSI-CMOS isn't hardly better than my old Sony DSC-H50... With poor light conditions the camera chooses immediately ISO800/3200 (white noise) - On last third of zoom, it looks like the focussing is missing the perfect ...

Okay, first off I am in every sense of the word a beginner. My last camera was one of the most affordable and smallest P&S on the market. That said, I like this camera a lot. For a beginner like me, I could not expect better pictures. It really does feel solid in my hands. The features are much more than I could ask for, especially the 30x zoom. This I wanted for kids football games. There really is a lot more to this camera than I know what to do with. Hopefully I'll learn this in time.

Oustanding camera ONCE you get to know it's settings and how to get the most out of it. Check the forums for very valuable tips & tricks to getting the right settings for the desired results. MUST do the firmware update!!! -Very good build quality, fast and responsive with very good overall picture quality to sometimes excellent. -Virtually no barrel distortion which is amazing. -Outstanding low light performance. Problems: -Writes times to card media slow, especially in RAW mode. -HD video ...