FujiFilm MX-700 (FinePix 700)

Announced Feb 3, 1998 •
1 megapixels | 2 screen | 35 mm

Good camera, but slow... This was my very first digital camera. It was quite expensive, but featured 1.3 mp (at lot at that time). The images taken can still be considered high quality today, though they lack resolution of course. Anyway - there was no optical zoom, and storing images took ages and the camera wouldn't let you take another picture until the last has been saved to card. And of course, downloading images via serial port is not amusing... But, hey, it worked on my AMIGA at this ...

I have owned my camera since my sons birth, around November of 1998. Although I paid quite a large sum for this camera, I was very happy with my new technology. I was a little unhappy with the delay in picture file recording. The size and ease of use has made this camera worth every penny I paid for it. I have many memorable pictures because of this camera. Of course, I have since moved on to another camera but I still use this one for my documentations at work. Problems: The only problem I ...

I bought my camera in Singapore more than 2 years ago for $700 Singapore dollars - really cheap. It has been fantastic, I use it for documentation and research. And I still love it. Problems: Problems: it is very slow to download using serial port and now I have a new computer and need to buy a USB compatible system to download from. Therefore I want to move on to another camera.

A small camera that can be fitted in your pocket, well made. produces nice pictures. Problems: To slow between pictures about 6 to 7 sec.

Great snap shot camera with good picture quality in good lighting. Flash is weak. Small and lightweight and will fit in a shirt pocket. Slow to come ready because it charges flash everytime it is turned on. Does not save manual settings when powered off. Without a optical zoom it is hard to frame shots. Problems: I have had it for about 1.5 years and have not had any problems.

Good Image Quality, you need to use some features to get good night shots (i sugest not using Flash if use have good lighneing) Windows XP supports it with Microsoft Drivers + Very good battery - Slow comunications

Bought this in 1998 when first came out. Always been impressed with the photo quality of it. Absolutley superb day time shots, and indoor shots without flash are also excelent. Put the flash on though, and you just get dark, grey images. Problems: Get camera out of case; close smartmedia flap that pops open just by looking at it. Power on; wait 5 seconds. Turn dial to take photo; wait 4 seconds. Press shutter button halfway; wait one second (this is NOT a point & shoot camera); take picture; ...

Bought this when it first came out years ago. Was good for its time. Pictures are decent when used in daylight. Easy to use, no problems interfacing with software provided. Problems: Slow download (serial). Extremely poor picture when photos taken in low light with flash. Not recommended for night use.

Help! Mine's in japanese! It's great though aside from the fact that I can't find out what everything says (well, exactly) -- i can figure most of it out Problems: It's all in japanese -- can you help me?

i used an mx-700 for 3 months, and would recommend it, but only if you can get it for around 250-300 dollars. i bought mine used. it is very small, and built very well. get a 16 meg flashcard at the least, as the 'fine' quality mode eats up memory fast. Problems: painfully slow download to pc, and the memory card slot door is poorly desinged, it pops open very easily, almost evry time the camera is removed from the case.