FujiFilm MX-2700 (Finepix 2700)

Announced Feb 4, 1999 •
2 megapixels | 2 screen | 35 mm

I have had this for several years, and it's been a reliable 'workhorse'. I use a floppy disk adapter to get the pics into the PC, so have never had hassles with wires, cradles etc. It takes ten minutes, but you just go and make a cup of tea while it's downloading :) The rechargable battery will last just long enough to fill an 8Mb + 16Mb + 64Mb cards, with minimal flash use and the LCD 'off'. I took the camera to Spain from the UK, and the recharger worked just fine; you just need a simple ...

If one decides to carry a small digital camera around (as opposed to a sophisticated one) this camera is good. One does however soon find the limitations of the few features on it and having experimented with digital photography a more fully featuured camer would be preferred Problems: none

I had the benift of tesing 6 digital cameras before choosing, the Fuji won on robustness, ease of use and compactness without compromising image quality. used with the smart media reader attched to the PC it is an excellent tool Problems: Sometimes flash is too low spec ( especially on red eye setting ) and limited to straight on , could do with tilt, UK charger is only 240v not much good when you go abroad

Great Price, good quality, Light weight Problems: Short battery life, need smartmedia reader to transfer images(serial just too slow), should include 32MB SM card.

nice camera. Long lasting battery. easy to use with caddle. Problems: digital fotograghing needs a steady hand

Very good camera if you want a small point and shoot camera. Constraction seems very solid. Not many features but you get the results you expect. Problems: No problems encoutered. Maybe the "program-wheel" is turning a bit too easy.

i would like to get a rechargerable Adaptor 5v for a mx 2700 fuji film digital camera Please e-mail me soon

I own a 1700 and 2700 Fuji. Their perfect compact, light design make me not think of other brand. I have not try the Canon Digi IXUS series but other than that, Fuji is the smallest. Though 2700 is an old model, It still fit all purpose photo taking. In contrast, my friend got a Nikon 7xx series which is too big from handy and it lacks resolution around 1.5 pixel. Problems: The smart media is not reliable. My 8M one also died and buy another 32M one, I dare not buy a 64M for fear that it died ...

Have used it for several months, taking more than 2500 shots. Superb skin tones with and without flash (better than Nikon, Canon, Olympus), as most Fuji cams. One of few cameras giving you 2:3 ratio (1800x1200) for nice 4x6 prints. Problems: I miss additional features like the 3x zoom, as I am comfortable using this camera. Somewhat noisy image. This camera is getting outdated as Finepix4700's price is getting lower.

My first digicam, and 8 months down the line it remains my favourite toy. The size (or lack of it!) means it goes along virtually everywhere, which was what I had in mind when I bought it. A camera this compact makes for pervasive photography - put that in your paradigm and shift it! :-) Performance under low-light conditions is exceptional. Battery life is - I think - very good. Casing is very well designed: this little camera tends to attract comments from strangers! With some practice ...