FujiFilm MX-1700 (FinePix 1700 Zoom)

Announced Aug 26, 1999 •

I also have a Fuji 6900Z and the MX1700 produces better images. If only the flash was more powerful and the viewfinder more accuarate. Problems: Had to be returned to Fuji for repair after if refused to recognise the smart media was formatted. No other problems.

I love this camera, a few more pixels would be nice Problems: none

good dig cam Didn't use any warranty good set of screwdrivers needed Problems: I fixed the Lens cover inherant problem with a drop of glue gun glue. all that happens is the wire ribbin slides out of it's socket if the camera is dropped or bumped sharply.

I bought this camera almost 2 years ago, and have unfortunately just lost it!! I am gutted! It was undoubtedly the best £500 I ever spent, and it was constantly with me. The 8MB smartmedia card was a bit too small at high res, but once I bought a 64 MB smartmedia card, this enabled me to take almost 100 photos at 1024*768 resolution. Build quality was superb and the size and styling were second to none. I will really miss it! I am so pleased with fuji that I intend to replace it with a 6900 ...

It's a wonderful camera when it's working. I've had an MX1700Z intermittently since December 1999. I LOVE the convenient size and ease of use. It gets great pictures for web sites and very good print outs for such a small and easy-to-use camera. The zoom lens is good for framing shots. The battery life is exceptional. I mainly use the ttl viewer, and have taken over 400 daytime pictures in one day on one charge. The battery has never died in a single day as long as it started with a fresh ...

I have had this camera couple of years and Love it. I am a professional photographer and work in a fully digital studio using D1x s and althoughthis camera cannot compare to the Nikons for the category and price, as well as being much more convenient to take on vacation it is more than adequate and the 4X5s I get from it are fantastic. I have even made a few 8X10 and 11X14 prints that with a little fine tuning were suprisingly good. Problems: NIL

Excellent pictures on 'normal' setting with 300-400kb file sizes.This allows for a large number of pictures on your smartmedia when travelling abroad without a PC to download pictures to. However, the limitations of the sub 2m pixels shows in comparison pictures with later cameras. Low light pictures can be difficult coupled with the poor flash coverage and also the fixed 125ASA setting. Spare battery essential when travelling. The UK fast charger for the NP80 does work ok on 110vac but ...

Great camera for beginner as myself. Overall VERY satisfied with camera and Fuji. Problems: Had one problem with lens cover locking open. Had to use small tweezers to get it to close, never did it again just one time in over 2 years.

Problems: The lens cover is stuck. I bought it from Outpost.com and noone will help me fix it now. Can anyone help me? I live in Taiwan.

Still wonderful after two years. This was my first and still only digital camera. I get extraordinarily good prints from http:www.fotolaboclub.ch. Am thinking of upgrading to either a Canon S40 or a Fuji 6800 as I love those Fuji colours. You can see some reduced size photos done with the 1700 at http://www.cunningham.li Problems: Usual lens cover problem.