FujiFilm MX-1700 (FinePix 1700 Zoom)

Announced Aug 26, 1999 •

With all my monys I buy a Fuji MX 1700 and is beautifull for my and my familly.I have meny photos with my little boy (1 years).

Problems: zoom motor died after 1 1/2 years.

Very good begineers camera. Had for 3 years - simple to use, very good 1Meg photos. Blew up outside photo to 8x10 - looks very good. Problems: Limited features for advanced photography. After 3 years, photos have degraded - sensor going? Weak flash for indoor photos.

Its a great camera Problems: lens cover has problem closing after 10 months of use

Easy to use, good battery life and good handling. Let down bu very poor image quality. Probably due to bad compression .

Could you help me to use the FinePix 1700Z. How do I use the FinePix 1700 for emachines computer? the emachines computer could not read the CD(install soft), and the emachines have no soft for FinePix 1700Z. I do hope you could help me to set up and make the FinePix 1700z could be used for my computer. thank you. Gang Liu

For a $600 camera, it needed repair twice the first year. Problems: Same problems with Lens error (Ser) error, lens cover gets stuck. Had the same problem 2 times in the first month.

Great features, great size. Good battery. Bad Flash. Bad lens cover. Problems: Over a period of 1 year, the lens cover jammed 3 times (camera becomes inoperable). Fuji finally sent me a new 1700. 4 months later, the lens cover jammed again. Neither camera saw hard use. Fuji replaced my 1700 with a 2700. The 2700 does not have an optical zoom, and uses totally different lens cover configuration. Fuji having lens cover problems? The flash is right in line with the subject's eyes. Gives ...

Flash isn't that great, but I knew that before buying. Use it mostly for fishing photos, so indoor use wasn't going to be an issue. Problems: Just had to send camera in for the THIRD time with the same problem: lens cover stayed open, and could not take any pictures. Out of warrenty, but Fuji should fix for free as the same problem keeps happening.

Problems: falló durante la garantia y no lograron reparar la averia en el servicio tecnico.es un fallo imprevisible y no regular ,aveces al arrancarla ,abre la tapa del objetivo pero este no sale.Despues ,cuandole viene en gana vuelve a funcionar. de todos modos estoy bastante contento con ella,aunque no descarto cambiarla cuando encuentre algo mejor o una buena oferta.