FujiFilm MX-1700 (FinePix 1700 Zoom)

Announced Aug 26, 1999 •

I bought my Fuji MX1700 in October 2000. Loved it, great camera but I didn't have it too long because Fuji refused to repair the lens cover under warranty, saying the camera had been damaged. Problems: Intermittent problems with the lens shutter not opening finally resulting in it not opening at all. Fuji obviously have a design fault but in my case, blamed the fault on damage by me! Big thumbs down to Fuji and their arrogance.

I've had the camera since December 1999, and it still does a great job for me. What's interesting is that it still competes with other cameras on the market (the Leica version of it). Great (and essential) with 3x optical zoom. Somebody reported the fact that it starts by default in a mid-zoom range (equivalent of 49 mm) as a problem. However, I think this is an advantage as 49 mm is closest to what we see with our own eyes (no distortion). By turning it off and back on again, I can put it in ...

Excellent camera for the price, consistently impressed with low-level/indoor shots. Highly recc within its class Problems: none

I bought this camera a year ago - for my first dig camera, it's been a great value. Pictures are warm and exhibit great resolution, even in 4x6 prints. Everyone who has seen the pictures (displayed on TV through video output) has commented on the great detail. Problems: A little slow cycling through pictures on display mode. Pictures in low indoor lighting can be dull sometimes (flash could be stronger).

When I first bought this camera in December 99 it was an excellent value camera. The image quality was very good compared to others on the market, it was easy to use but what really sold me on it was the optical zoom. Since then I've also discovered that it's pretty rugged (except for the sliding lens cover), I've dropped it a number of times but it still works just as well as when I bought it. I've used it extensively as you can see on http://www.mjausson.com/. Ultimately I think it has ...

I still love my old Fuji 1700 which was my first digital camera. Still got it, still use it. Good quality pictures and good exposure except for underpowered flash. Why is it not available now? I've now got a Fuji 40i (see review) but I'm still tempted to take photos with the 1700 and insert the smartcard into the 40i for downloading. Problems: Very, very slow serial download. Starts up in partial zoom instead of full pan.

This was my first digi-cam.I learnt lots from it and would gladly endorse it and anything Fuji. I have recently traded up to the excellent 4900Zoom. Image quailty was good and it was easy to use. The camera had a quality feel to it both in looks and construction. The viewfinder was a weak point though, what you saw through it was not what you were actually framing. Problems: Serial data transfer (Slow) with no USB port was about the only gripe I had with it

I have now upgraded to a Nikon 990 and was going to sell the MX 1700 but my family would not let me! This is a superb point and click camera that gives consistently good results and fits easily into a pocket. If you can pick one up second hand at a reasonable price do so!

This Fujifilm MX-1700 digital camera is good compare to other 1.5 mega pixels digtal camera. Its very stylish. Problems: 1.The weak flash, 2. Lens occasionally not activiting even the lens cover was opened, and 3. Image uploading is very very slow, so I have to buy an USB reader

Stylish and easy to use, the Fuji MX-1700 takes decent images. It is perhaps showing its age a little now by not having as many features of more modern cameras, but I still regard mine as having been excellent value for money. Problems: Lens cover occasionally refuses to open. Image upload is painfully slow via serial cable.