FujiFilm MX-1700 (FinePix 1700 Zoom)

Announced Aug 26, 1999 •

It's a wonderful camera when it's working. I've had an MX1700Z intermittently since December 1999. I LOVE the convenient size and ease of use. It gets great pictures for web sites and very good print outs for such a small and easy-to-use camera. The zoom lens is good for framing shots. The battery life is exceptional. I mainly use the ttl viewer, and have taken over 400 daytime pictures in one day on one charge. The battery has never died in a single day as long as it started with a fresh ...

I have had this camera couple of years and Love it. I am a professional photographer and work in a fully digital studio using D1x s and althoughthis camera cannot compare to the Nikons for the category and price, as well as being much more convenient to take on vacation it is more than adequate and the 4X5s I get from it are fantastic. I have even made a few 8X10 and 11X14 prints that with a little fine tuning were suprisingly good. Problems: NIL

Excellent pictures on 'normal' setting with 300-400kb file sizes.This allows for a large number of pictures on your smartmedia when travelling abroad without a PC to download pictures to. However, the limitations of the sub 2m pixels shows in comparison pictures with later cameras. Low light pictures can be difficult coupled with the poor flash coverage and also the fixed 125ASA setting. Spare battery essential when travelling. The UK fast charger for the NP80 does work ok on 110vac but ...

Great camera for beginner as myself. Overall VERY satisfied with camera and Fuji. Problems: Had one problem with lens cover locking open. Had to use small tweezers to get it to close, never did it again just one time in over 2 years.

Problems: The lens cover is stuck. I bought it from Outpost.com and noone will help me fix it now. Can anyone help me? I live in Taiwan.

Still wonderful after two years. This was my first and still only digital camera. I get extraordinarily good prints from http:www.fotolaboclub.ch. Am thinking of upgrading to either a Canon S40 or a Fuji 6800 as I love those Fuji colours. You can see some reduced size photos done with the 1700 at http://www.cunningham.li Problems: Usual lens cover problem.

Could you help me to use the FinePix 1700Z. How do I use the FinePix 1700 for emachines computer? the emachines computer could not read the CD(install soft), and the emachines have no soft for FinePix 1700Z. I do hope you could help me to set up and make the FinePix 1700z could be used for my computer. thank you. Gang Liu

Problems: My main reason for posting this is in relation to a problem I have with my MX1700. Three times in the last 8 months I have had to return it to Fuji as the lens cover won't close and the lens itself just stops working. I bought the same camera for my father and he has now had the same problem. I love my camera but I am fed up being without it. Have other people experienced the same problem with this model?

Very nice little camera on holiday. The flash is not so good only 1-2 meters! Very easy to handle... Problems: The objektive dont sometimes not closed. Construction problems they say in Canon SWEDEN

For a $600 camera, it needed repair twice the first year. Problems: Same problems with Lens error (Ser) error, lens cover gets stuck. Had the same problem 2 times in the first month.