FujiFilm MX-1700 (FinePix 1700 Zoom)

Announced Aug 26, 1999 •

With all my monys I buy a Fuji MX 1700 and is beautifull for my and my familly.I have meny photos with my little boy (1 years).

I also have a Fuji 6900Z and the MX1700 produces better images. If only the flash was more powerful and the viewfinder more accuarate. Problems: Had to be returned to Fuji for repair after if refused to recognise the smart media was formatted. No other problems.

Problems: zoom motor died after 1 1/2 years.

Very good begineers camera. Had for 3 years - simple to use, very good 1Meg photos. Blew up outside photo to 8x10 - looks very good. Problems: Limited features for advanced photography. After 3 years, photos have degraded - sensor going? Weak flash for indoor photos.

The min shutter too slow... Cannot take photo in night...

Its a great camera Problems: lens cover has problem closing after 10 months of use

I love this camera, a few more pixels would be nice Problems: none

Easy to use, good battery life and good handling. Let down bu very poor image quality. Probably due to bad compression .

good dig cam Didn't use any warranty good set of screwdrivers needed Problems: I fixed the Lens cover inherant problem with a drop of glue gun glue. all that happens is the wire ribbin slides out of it's socket if the camera is dropped or bumped sharply.

I bought this camera almost 2 years ago, and have unfortunately just lost it!! I am gutted! It was undoubtedly the best £500 I ever spent, and it was constantly with me. The 8MB smartmedia card was a bit too small at high res, but once I bought a 64 MB smartmedia card, this enabled me to take almost 100 photos at 1024*768 resolution. Build quality was superb and the size and styling were second to none. I will really miss it! I am so pleased with fuji that I intend to replace it with a 6900 ...