Fujifilm FinePix S3000 Z

Announced Aug 26, 2003 •

I am so frustrated with this camera. It seems about 90% of my "candid" photos are blurry! And none of my "sports" photos turn out! I bought it in Dec. to replace my old 35mm "point & shoot"; and I am very disappointed. I thought maybe I just needed to get used to it, but not much improvement seen. If any one has advice, let me know. Problems: Owners' manual is not very user friendly. Almost all of my photos are blurry. Shutter lag/delay is very frustrating.

icexe

i got this camera so i could "test the waters" before totally committing to digital. it is surprisingly good. very easy to use, nice images especially outdoors. it also has a nice feel to it, more like a 35mm SLR. The long zoom is nice..as long as you're outdoots. i highly recommend it was a great starter camera. However, if you're like me and have had years of experience shooting with 35mm SLR's, then you'll quickly outgrow this camera. It has very, very limited manual settings, so you ...

Sheri

I have an A201 that works perfectly so I purchased the S3000. Great pics!! Others have written about poor indoor shots; not mine! even without the flash they are crisp! Even the vids w/o the flash indoors are good! And at $211, I am loving this cam even more! Problems: After 6 days of continuous use, no problems yet!

I'm Not happy with this camera. I can't seem to get sharp images from it. Looking more closely the diafragma is always 2.8 giving it a very narrow window of sharpness in a picture. In bright sunny conditions when fixing the diafragma to 8.2, shutter times from 1/2 second! This means blurry pictures when shooting out of hand. I'm very dissapointed. [UPDATE] The camera proves to be very suitable for bright conditions, but the low ISO value of the CCD limits your possibilities in low light. ...

Camera in use for 3 month camera grip well placed EVF very usefull in bright sunlight Very poor at low light level (indoor and 6x zoom) It's a pitty that this nice looking and feeling camera is equiped with an low sensetive ccd sensor and bad firmware Problems: At low lightlevel no autofocus and slow shutter times create blurry pictures No + and - signs in battery compartiment No auto popup flash. No continues picture count. Only 1 fixed jpeg compression rate Poor whitebalance, color of ...

Had the camera 3 months now,and am trying to offload it for reasons below. Good images,great prints,easy to use for point and shoot images of big wide shots (landscapes/static objects). For the price a good, if basic, camera. Problems: No way to adjust exposure,as the autofocus(which must be used) also gives the light reading. Very poor in low-light Very poor indoors for shots of people - slow shutter creates unwanted blur-so 1 in 10 images will be clear and sharp. Sloppy autofocus.

Saimon

My first digital. Bought it 3 days ago for $297. Already made about 300 shots. Good camera. Believe me, if u have your head and hands on their places, u WILL get almost any shot out of this camera, withou racking your brains on things like aperture and shutter speed. However it allows considerable set of manual settings. Problems: noise on iso 200.

Pretty good for less than 1000 cat Problems: Not very user friendly, instruction manual pretty vague, do not have qick review button..

The s3000 is a nice little unit, especially if you are seeking an SLR like format. Quality is good (build and images), the zoom is good and I personally like the manual flash pop-up as an easy way of supressing flashes in auto mode. There is aperature priority (but not shutter) in manual, although there is a "sports" shooting option which suggests a shutter priority. This is the second Fuji I have owned, and the camera operator interface is very straight forward compared to some competitors. ...

I recommended this camera too a friend and purchased it for him. I set it up and tried about 50 shots with it. Overall it was very good. This is the 6th digicam I have owned or borrowed for tryout and overall ease of use and picture quality was great considering its only $260 at Newegg. Problems: Low light focus is about the same as all other digicams without a focus assist. It does have some trouble in low light finding the focus range.