Fujifilm FinePix S20 Pro

Announced Feb 5, 2004 •

Excellent design. Hand falls naturally onto camera and fingers onto their appropriate control positions (i.e. index on shutter button, thumb just next to zoom buttons and the rest on the handle). Features are to die for in a compact (flash synch up to 1/1000th, 1/10000th shutter speed, ISO200-1600, good flash coverage). Image quality is excellent and very good quality A3 sized prints can be achieved. Super CCD SR is excellent. Auto mode is available for begginers or people who want a good ...

I bought this camera to replace a 6900z and was pleased with the S20,particularly for portraiture and macro which is superb. Skin tone is excellent and detail good. The Hyper Utility Software which accompanies this camera in the package is a real plus too. I would recommend this camera highly.Uses AA batteries too. Problems: None

Gaia

Great pictures. Some PP, but mostly because I am a perfectionist. Takes great pictures of my black cats, and believe me, this is no easy feat! On other cameras, the flash just wipes out the facial features and leaves the rest in the dark. I like the nice eye-relieve on the camera as well because I wear glasses. Good thinking, Fuji. Problems: Ok, the bad stuff. At first was a monster battery eater. Is better now. Don't know how that could be, but it is. Also, Fuji - read this and ...

The image quality is outstanding at ISO 400 and lower. After that noise becomes an issue. Colors are great, detail very good and the files hold up well when enlarged to 11x14. Also, the flash synch is good to 1/1000 so the S20 coupled with a Vivitar 283 makes a great combo for outdoor fill flash situations. All in all a great little camera with lots of pro features and pro quality. If you're shooting tethered, the Firewire and USB 2 connections speed things up and the built in PC socket for ...

very good after sales service and tech supports. Problems: FAT 16 system reads up to only 2.14GB. only 300 MB pix.

The S20 is my "walking around" camera. I wanted to be able to leave my S2s in the studio and still have a capable digital camera to carry around. The S20 will shoot in camera raw - a big plus - and the picture quality has been excellent. It is also possible to power the camera from the supplied AC adapter and shoot tethered to a laptop computer. I have interpolated the images up to 16x20 @ 300 ppi with no problem. There is very little blue channel noise, and battery life has been good. Problems:

I think Fuji Finepix S20 Pro is FAT 32 not FAT 16. I like it. I bought a super macro adapter Raynox 250, and 55-52mm ring. I't a good construction! Problems: no