PIX 2015

Fujifilm FinePix M603

Announced Sep 25, 2002 •

I bought one on ebay (no longer in stores in USA) for my daughters wedding. As father of the bride, I have unusual opportunities to take movies and stills not covered by the hired pro. I needed a small still/movie camera good for 45 minutes of VGA movie and 150 stills. Together with a 2GB Sandisk Ultra 2 CF card, I achieved my goals. Problems: I previously owned a F601Z so I am familiar with the Fuji. I was unhappy with the build quality of the F601z which froze often and was charged a hefty ...

lomohi

*2.5" LCD *unlimited video clips recording *30fps Problems: :-(only NTSC?!! :-(only Windows OS / without mac OSX?!! :-(only Japanese operation menu / no others?!! :-(only USB / without 1394?!!

Good camera, hard to hold. Needs at least 3x zoom. I bought it as a replacement for F403 to take better quality videos. Problems: I purchased a refurbished 1G microdrive on eBay, but M603 cannot reformat it. Error message "Card not initialized" and "Card Error". Anybody had seen such behaviour?

Gene Loye

Ms Jamie Jaffe: Where did you buy this camera? I have been looking to buy this from a US retailer, or trusted website since November, but all postings seem to indicate overseas purchases. You can reply to me at gloye1@attbi.com. Thanks!

rale

I'm having a friend purchase this for me in London---do you guys know if this is MAC OS X compatible?

sean Bee

I would be interested in buying from singapore...how do i get hold of you Sam?

Huge 2.5" screen - unlimited video@30fps - incl. zoom & audio, fast start up time - what else can you ask for? - dissapointed with build quality, LCD hood is a bonus in the bright sun. 19 Jun 2003 Got delivery of Sony's DSCV1 yesterday - after an hour of playing with it - reverted back to the 603 because I miss the huge screen and the fast start-up time - Sony doesn't even zoom at video and only 15fps and such a small LCD - does have 2x as long a zoom lens though -

Looking for a way to get this camera in my hands- I have our first Baby due in a week and this is the camera I want! Postponing the "others"- Fuji 601, Cannon S45, Minolta F100, etc... Can anyone help or advise when/where to buy one in the U.S.? Can I buy it oversees and have it sent here?

Manman

Where did you get your M603 from? I've been trying to find it all over the place and didn't seems to have any luck.