Fujifilm FinePix M603

Announced Sep 25, 2002 •
Gene Loye

Ms Jamie Jaffe: Where did you buy this camera? I have been looking to buy this from a US retailer, or trusted website since November, but all postings seem to indicate overseas purchases. You can reply to me at gloye1@attbi.com. Thanks!

The $410.00 I paid for this camera has been well worth it. Although I would like to have a little more zoom. I have been pleased with the quality of the pictures from this camera. Both printed out (on cannon S900) & on the computer they look great. Problems: none so far

Groch

I owned this camera for 10 days, then sold it at a bit of a loss on Ebay, so you can tell I was not very pleased. The picture quality on stills was OK, about the same as the Fuji 40i I own. The lack of an optical viewfinder made it much harder for me to frame than the 40i and it is not as easy to hold. Perhaps I could get used to that, but the movie modes were no where near the quality of the cheapest MiniDV cam. Lack of motion stabilization, as well as image compression meant all the ...

jim> i am using the nokia battery for this cam now and got no problems with it. the v. is the same. This Cam can use NOKIA Battery that for 8210,8850,8310,6510,7650,6610,7710...I think not much people knows that. The battery name is BLB-2, BLD-3 then you don't have to worry about the cost of batteries and how long does it last anymore. ENJOY!

Sam Tung

Generally speaking, it is an easy-to-use and handy digital camera. I love its 640x480, 30 fps movie mode, but it takes too much memory space (although I got a 1G Microdrive). I look forward to a 8G xD card which would enable me to take 2 hours high quality movie. Problems: When compared with my former Canon G1 (which broke down recently), I found that the quality of print-outs of M603 is poor. I use an Epson 895 for printing photos and found that the images from M603 (even at 6 mega ...

rale

I'm having a friend purchase this for me in London---do you guys know if this is MAC OS X compatible?

I brought one week ago at S$876.0 and a 128M CF card at S$88.0.

sean Bee

I would be interested in buying from singapore...how do i get hold of you Sam?

hanschee

This is indeed a fun camera, and i've already recorded more short movie clips than i ever use with my [bulky] 1 year-old AV video-cam...and i only had it for a few days! The most convenience thing is that the s/w automatically converts the .avi movie file to .wmv which is so much more compact and allow web streaming directly from my web hosting server! I can thus share not only nice pics but moving pictures with sound to my friends and relatives on line or via email! check out some samples I ...