Fujifilm FinePix F700

Announced Feb 19, 2003 •

One of two reasons this camera has been delayed. 1, Its so good, it'll floor the competetion, so fuji has been paid off to delay 2, Its so bad, Fuji is embarassed. My view, I will still wait for the camera to be launched! My heart say wait, mind says we've been conned! Problems: yes cant buy one yet!

spfango

I'm considering buying the F700 since my F601 drowned in water (still works perfectly except for the lens - black screen). Can anyone who has the F700 tell me how good it is? Another camera I'm considering is the Canon S50. Thanks.

I have the camera. You can't zoom while recording a movie clip. I've tried it, it can't be done - the zoom control is disabled. However, you can "pre" zoom and then shoot. This is my third digital camera. My other two were the Kodak DC50 and, most recently, a Canon S10. I loved the S10, took some really nice shots with it over the past 3 1/2 years. As soon as I got the F700 I went outside and took the same shot with both the S10 and the F700 (in 2mb mode to be more than fair to the S10). ...

Evilkern

Well sorry to break this to you lads but you're all wrong. Zoom will almost definately have zoom in movie mode. The M603 has zoom in the movie mode, don't argue, i have the camera. i also work in a camera shop and have found that almost all of the newer fuji cameras have this facility.

Answer to "kzkz": You're completely wrong! You can´t zoom with any camera that records sound with the movie (naturally, since the sound of the zoom would be the only thing you would hear on the recorded movie...)

kzkz

From the Onwers Manual: Movie mode: "Press the zoom button to zoom in or out before you start shooting. You must zoom beforehand as you CANNOT zoom during shooting." Why??? Any other cameras can zoom during shooting... :-((((

Can this one zoom at movie mode?