Fujifilm FinePix 6800 Zoom

Announced Feb 1, 2001 •

Have used F6800 for more about 2 years. I really like the photos I took in Tibet using F6800. Color is great! That is the only point I like this camera and is the only reason I chose this camera. http://www.pbase.com/wangjun/tibetpics Problems: Auto focus cannot work correctly sometimes. Manual focus is not practical due to the low resolution of the LCD.

This is no doubt a top end camera. It does produce great picture but I am not sure if the output matches the price tag I paid for it. Since I have had it I have taken 1000+ pics and it has served well. Within the first month of purchse the lens jamed and had to send of to Fuji, but since then has been Ok. Recently I have had problems with the the zoom causing fiziness and black lines on screen when I zoom in and out (movement in Lens). Sometimes the screen blacking out with fuzziness ...

I've had this camera for just over a year. It was exchanged by the dealer due to a lens problem. I received a new one. This one had a view finder problem. Sent it back to fuji and they replaced the view finder system. Now the lens will not come out. The warranty is over. I contacted fuji and they said they could probally give me a 20% discount on the repair. That all said the camera (when it is working) takes beautiful shots. Get the extended warranty. Problems: View finder system,lens ...

So far, Fuji has fixed my 6800 once and replaced it twice since I bought it in October of 2001. So for me, the camera has been less than reliable mechanically (dust in the CCD, repeated Card Error problems, lens protraction problems). And it's a sad comment on their customer service that every time I talk to them I have to demand to speak to a manager to get any sort of satisfactory result. HOWEVER, despite my woes, the camera (when it works) takes fabulous pics and has gotten raves from lots ...

my camera stop work after only one year Problems: 1) this camera has problem with picture in small light I hope that in 601z with 1600 iso it's beter 2) after one year of heavy use ,it's be spoiled twice first the switch that tell the camera that the door is open is stop working second something in the colour process spoiled , and it's very expensive to fix it so I stop use it

Lack of a low light focus assist makes the camera useless in low light. Processing is much slower than 4700Z, which I really enjoyed. Buy a 4700 or some other brand.

SImple to use and is great for social occasions becoz of its friendly appearance.. ppl are not afraid of it as opposed to a d-SLR or the canon G2. Battery lifespan wif LCD is very short.. but the size of the LCD is quite good.. too bad it doesnt work very well under high glare. Really bad metering and focusing under lowlight is horrendous. Great for daytime shooting. Problems: Very bad metering especially in lowlight or overcast condition.

My first digital camera was a FinePix 4700Z. I was really pleased with the image quality. Sadly, the 4700Z stopped working after 13 months (completely dead, no sign of life, replaced batteries, smartmedia, etc, no luck). I went to the store and bought a new camera, this time the FinePix 6800Z, partly due to the fact that I wanted to use my SmartMedia cards, but also partly because I thought it would be better than the 4700Z. I was mistaken. The picture quality at wide angle is terrible! The ...

My all new FujiFilm FinePix 6800Z gave me trouble from the start. The flash didn´t open, it looked like the "flash door" didn´t slide like it should do. The only way to open it is to use your finger nail. This is not good. And it makes me wonder a little about the quality. Problems: ANYBODE ELSE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM?

Good general purpose camera but... difficult to control aperture setting for depth of field and diffiucult to control capture of movement by shutter speed. Problems: See above