Fujifilm FinePix 6800 Zoom

Announced Feb 1, 2001 •

Bought this as my 1st digital camera based on the recommendation of my brother who owns a 4800Z (and this site) - have nothing but praise for this camera. One niggle though - I had to download the XP version of the drivers and FinePix Viewer (11Mb). Am now the official photographer for family get-togethers and parties! Another niggle: takes a long time (+4hrs) to recharge the battery when fully discharged. Problems: Extra download for XP software.

This is my first digicam and can only compare with film. To date the camera is producing excellent pictures even in VGA mode. I find that the picture using higher settings are far to large and have to crop to get them into printable state. No problem now as I have purchased Adobe Elements. If this camera still performs as now I will invest in a Pro model next year. Problems: No

In seven months, the camera still seems fresh in all the things it can do ......it keeps getting better photos and results. It was tough stepping up from the mx 4700 but with all the photo programs for computers now the 3.1 pixels count is perfect. Anymore, 4 and 4.5 just rate the speed and handling slow for the valued quality. Problems: NONE 'cept I have a problem with the comments of those who don't believe their expensive Fujifilm digital, may have been knocked off the counter or shelf by ...

Excellent camera which has style ;) I really like it for outdoor use and just to take a quick shot or even a descent class picture. The body of it is fabulous! Problems: It's a bit annoying that you can't select the option of Pc Camera or DSC on the cradle itself!

This is my 2nd Digital Camera, it is a very good camera, easy to use, good picture quality (if you know how to use the camera well). Don't think I need to say anything about the design, just simply excellent. I got it for 730 Cdn, which is about 460 US... so, it is a great value for money for me. =) Problems: No prob. yet... hopefully never

Problems: Having hard time finding new rechargeable battery for cameria. even from Fuji.

Ease of use, come on people read and like me...be informed. Fuji put this just out side of the average joe point and shoot spectrum but i hung in there and voula this thing is a full step ahead of my mx 1700 zoom. Price, well, even with the 16 mb card and desk stand, the av on this thing is sensational for the money. Email will never be the same. HP printer with Poleroid paper and you'll never see a film shop again. Size is so cool and gets everyones attn. with video and still photo "Quality" ...

Lack of a low light focus assist makes the camera useless in low light. Processing is much slower than 4700Z, which I really enjoyed. Buy a 4700 or some other brand.

Received the 6800z Thursday. Found no problem taking quality photos almost immediately (after charging the battery). The direction booklet should be read over and over and over until the menu items become second nature. Everything worked well however there are a few "hang-up to be aware of: Problems: 1. Make certain Media card is pushed in by "hand". Just closing the lid on it does NOT seat it properly. 2. If you have a problem, as I did, downloading the drivers from Windows just keep at ...

An expensive camera, but with some nice features. At first, I thought the mini movies were silly, but I've come to appreciate how useful they can be (e mails to Mom with Happy Birtday, merry Xmas, etc.). And the docking station is a great feature. Problems: I think the utility included for over the internet video conferencing is lame. Net Meeting is simpler, and a defacto standard. Why bother with hello picture, or whatever it's called? Also, Fuji's software support is frankly confusing. ...