Fujifilm FinePix 6800 Zoom

Announced Feb 1, 2001 •

my camera stop work after only one year Problems: 1) this camera has problem with picture in small light I hope that in 601z with 1600 iso it's beter 2) after one year of heavy use ,it's be spoiled twice first the switch that tell the camera that the door is open is stop working second something in the colour process spoiled , and it's very expensive to fix it so I stop use it

gw0c

Problems: why the software updated patch so bad to install? I purchased a FinePix 6800 cam, later on I have learned there is a customize firmware I need to download into the camera. So I visited the home.fujifilm.com web site and downloaded the firmware. After that I tried to install the customizer and it was failed. The error message was: "some of the function is failed to load because you are using Quick Time 4, which is out dated, would you like to update now?" I was shocked: what on earth ...

This is my 3rd Fuji and the best yet. I find that the flash is quite inadequate and the addition of at least a coaxial socket would be a marked advantage. Image quality is exdellent, and that's what matters. Problems: Flimsy pop-up flashgun which may be easily damaged.

can somebody help me with a copy of the fujifilm cd for the 6800, mine is damage. I live in the Netherlands Zoetermeer. I will pay you for a copy I need it with this great cam Problems: none

It has rather bad autofocus feature -- does focus often on the background instead of the forground object, and refuses to focus in even not so dark lighting conditions. Manual focus is rather useless because there's no distance figures on the display (and you think you can see the sharpness on such small LCD?). No manual control of the exposition (e.g. impossible to take picture of the full Moon -- you'll have just a bright spot) ...JFYI That's all! Other than that, IT'S A REALLY PERFECT ...

poor performance in corners of image great colour reproduction great design bought as a point and shoot and it delivers Problems: When I take a pic (3megapixel fine) the counter shows two images taken (eg-102 to 100 on a 128mg card) and then resets to show just one image taken (eg-102 to 101). Does it on a 16mg, 32mg and 64mg card also. Has anyone else had this show up and is it normal?

I have had the 6800 now for 1 year. I have taken many hundreds of pictures, and never a failure. Image quality is excellent, although some adjustment in brightness and contrast may be necessary in Photoshop, or similar programme. The built in LCD viewer is amost useless in bright sunlight, but in the shade it will provide enough detail to see if the picture is OK. Its small size and light weight means I have the camera always with me to catch those elusive shots. On "Auto", it is idiot proof, ...

The construction is excellent and the colour quality is fantastic. In terms of features, its good enough for a beginner but for frame shots, it is lacking in speed. Got it for SDG 750. Overall rating for this is excellent. Problems: No suitable for pple with huge hands. Diff to control the zoom.

This is my 2nd Digital Camera, it is a very good camera, easy to use, good picture quality (if you know how to use the camera well). Don't think I need to say anything about the design, just simply excellent. I got it for 730 Cdn, which is about 460 US... so, it is a great value for money for me. =) Problems: No prob. yet... hopefully never

Bought the Fine Pix 6800 Zoom Back In Jan 2002 Boxing Day, Loved The Camera From Day One ,Over 2000 Pics Still Working Great,Fantastic Colors,Small Fits in my Pocket,Alloy Built,Strong,Large LCD Display,6mp Images,Movies,Cradle,ETC.. This Digicam Is a KEEPER!!! Problems: 16 mg Card Not Large Enough! LCD can be hard to see on Real Bright sunny Days! Need extra battery If Taking More Than 128 mg of stills with LCD on!