Fujifilm Finepix 30i

Announced Oct 26, 2001 •
Abbas

It is somehow a great multi media device for young non-professional users. The multi-function aspect makes it quite "useful" in taking pictures, recording short video and audio clips, playing MP3s, and acting as a webcam as a toy... But The best words i would say about this camera is that " It is like A Jack Of All Trades, Master Of None". I've bought it 2 weaks ago and I'm really satisfy with some of it's features like:its very nice and easy to use design,its nice remote which works in ...

Great Value and lostsa fun! Sure beats the Kodak MC3. Prices for 30i have recently dropped a lot on eBay ...must be on the verge of being discontinued. This is a point and shoot, carry anywhere camera. And for your trouble of lugging it around in case a photo opp comes up, you get to listen to MP3's (ballpark 3-4 hours on a pair of 1700 maH batteries). Only whish Smartmedia came in bigger sizes than 128m! This is a fun device! I also have a Olympus, but it was too big to carry around ...

Kay Gee

I have had my 30i now for 2 months and i really like it. I got i rather cheap with 64mb card since I bought it in Singapore for $230. It does everything I expected and I use it alot. It´s easy to carry and use..and gives a amature photographer enough quality photos I recomend 64mb card or grater I highly recommend this camera for all puplic users who are looking for a overall good, neat but full with options that are esy to use. Problems: LSD screen is often too dark to see anything while in ...

I purchased my 30i for Sin$599 or US$300, what a great investment. Go anywhere little camera with MP3 to boot for when the sun is not out. Good rechargable batteries and if you run out just slip in 2 AA batteries from any corner store to get you out of trouble. View some of my photos at www.pbase.com/eaj. Obviously this camera has its limitations but its a great all rounder. Problems: Red eye reduction is not great but all I do is touch up on Proshop

great size to carry around, the design is very stylish and pleasing, small compared to other digital cameras, there are many options (mp3, mpeg video, voice option, webcam). If you are not an expert photographer (who doesn't really care about specifics of taking photographs, it's a GREAT camera to own Problems: no optical zoom, LCD monitor too dark and low-resolution, short battery life

scatar

I have had this camera since December 2001. To use sound activated picture, you must press the shooting button. The camera is ok. It works also as an mp3 player and web cam. Problems: I contacted Fuji Canada and Fuji US because it's impossibile to tranfer mp3 songs with the new Real One Player. Real Player and Real Juke Box are now discontinued and all the functions are integrated into RealOne. No sign of a new plugin from Fuji and no one knows if there will ever be. Another big problem: no ...

It is really great value for a electronic device to have two function, Mp3 player and digitial camera Problems: I don't know how to transfer the Mp3s to the camera, can anybody help me please!! email: allan9654@hotmail.com

Alan Chua

I've finally made the plunge and bought it.. after using it to take some shots and to store and listen my mp3s.. i find this to be really excellent! Image quality was good, even at 1 mega pixel. Sound quality comparable to CD or MD quality. I'm a happy trooper! Problems: None yet.

Superb as a take-everywhere camera. Quick to first shot as there is no zoom and the lens is fixed. Also no out-of-focus shots when taking quick "snaps". Quality is fine to say 6x4 inches on a decent printer. OK up to 8x6 inches for portraits. AA batteries very convenient. Quick download using supplied software. MP3 Ok but hungry on Smartmedia space. Problems: Having a fixed lens (and therefore small aperture), low-light performance and flash range are poor.

A GOOD MACHINE FOR SNAP SHOT VERY EASY TO USE CHEAPER THAN BUY A S*NY BRAND MP3 WALKMAN!! Problems: 8CM MACRO QUITE DISAPPOINTED