Fujifilm FinePix 2800 Zoom

Announced Sep 11, 2001 •

Actually takes very good pictures in spite of itself. Lens is stonking! LCD screen and electronic viewfinder unusable! Unless it's a 200ASA day, you can't see anything. Sold it pretty quickly!! Went back to Olympus.

A cheeky little plastic camera which may not have enough buttons or menu options let alone manual features but takes tack sharp images from end to end with excellent colour and contrast, it may be a bit on the noisy side, but isn't smothered in detail killing noise reduction like the Canon S1-IS and wouldn't know how to Purple fringe if you paid it (the Wonderful Oly UZI as well as the Fuji 602, 7000 etc Fringe bad of pushed) . Fast at writing files (Way faster than the 2400Z) and Zero lag ...

Good picture quailty, easy to use and a great zoom range for a point and shoot camera at this price. I had mine a year and a bit and had no problems despite my kids dropping it onto grass a couple of times. Problems: The cube shape makes the 2800 a bit bulky for a point and shoot camera, hardly a pocket camera, but that is the price of having a 6x lens I suppose. Photographers used to having some control over their pictures, such as aperture and shutter speed, will miss the lack of user ...

There had to be a catch! The camera has many good features inc, x6 zoom, video record BUT... No self timer in manual mode, you cannot frame and pan a fast moving subject as image freezes momentarily before shot taken, video record volume level low, red eye reduction flash weak, Slow to startup Problems: see review

I'd like to buy this camera, but I want to now more about the battery life. Can someone help me?

Joe, How much do you want for your camera?

I am sorry I bought this camera. I should have bought a canon instead. I hate the view finder, hard to see thru in bright sun light and the small control for zoom is a terrible. I also don't like the macro, when using it pictures come out not crisp. Problems: in bright sun hard to see your subject, also when taking picture to slow to focuse picture is not the one you take that comes out. I am getting ride of it. Anyone want it cheap.

This camera has poor exposure for outdoor shots with dark and light contrast. Poor for indoor shots; autofocus cannot function, so all indoor shots in low light are out of focus. In bright conditions outdoors, cannot see anything in the electronic viewfinder; an optical one is preferable. I returned my finepix 2800 and got my money back.

ba this camera is great for skateboard and action shots. buy this it is great Problems: none

Let me begin by mentioning that this is my first digital camera purchase, although I've been dying to get my hands on one ever since my brother got one of those Sony Mavicas about 2-3 years ago. What has really spurred me to make the leap to actually purchasing is the fact that now I have a daughter, she's growing, and I really feel I'm missing out on saving memories by not having something handy. - That and well.. using a traditional camera gets overly expensive. To help you, the reader ...