Fujifilm FinePix 2600 Zoom

Announced Aug 23, 2001 •

I totally agree with Grumple Dumple's opinion. The image quality of color and sharpness is the best among the digital cameras I ever used. Although it only has 2.0 mp, it's really very very good and special. Problems: The only concern is poor AF capability in low light of indoor shooting.

The Fujifilm Finepix 2600 was the very first digital camera I ever bought/owned. That was like...I don't know... 3 or 4 years ago. Since then I have gone overboard and collected/bought almost 20 digital cameras including some of the best regarded and more expensive models on the market. And I just wanted to say that although I own all of those cameras I just mentioned (many of which are nothing short of amazing in what they can do) the Finepix 2600 always had something 'special' about it that ...

Decent little starter P&S for the price though pretty weak on features for anyone with any kind of advanced photography skills it feels pretty stifling and can be frustrating to get it to do what you want when you want. The delay from pressing the shutter to when the camera takes the picture is a real frustration--though is probably the same with almost all cameras in this price range/features catagory. I've missed a lot of shots of my kids where there were fleeting moments of action or ...

Bought two last yr for my teens (high school/college). Like the quality of med-density photos. Problems: Somehow, one was "dropped". (by a gremlin) - wouldn't focus - repair would total $225. So, ordered a new one for $180 - figure software already installed etc and have more mem cards vs the 2650 which appears as newer system.

This is my 1st digtal cam. Absolutely perfect size. Very easy to use. Functions are esy to change. Very non-complicated. Come with battery charger. All software included to store pic on P.O. Camera has 20 sec. video feature. Software includes ability to make slide show. Camera is small, light and very compact. Problems: none

Has Excellent Picture Quality! Very handy for just a point and shoot Camera. Great Camera for Sunny Days. Problems: LCD is too dark even indoors and Outdoors! It also has Problems trying to focus even in the Shade in the Middle of the day!

Takes nice pictures. The battery lasts pretty long. Lens cover a good idea. The macro takes beautiful closeups. Problems: Couldn't get my Windows ME to recognize the camera and its driver.

Problems: I have had nothing but problems with my camera and finally it went bad on me after only 3 weeks. I ended up returning it.

pictures turn out GREAT batteries and charger are included =) =) price is fair--you can get it for about $280. tricky to use sometimes--not enough buttons, you might accidentally delete a photo. a little thicker than i'd like plastic case, should be metal Problems: ASA only 100, don't try to use without flash or as a webcam indoors. some shots with flash end up being kind of ugly.

I just bought one of these for my wife. She needed a relatively inexpensive, 2 meg, portable, P&S camera. I bought it for her and was very surprised to see just how good the pictures are. I have both a four and a five megapixel camera, and the 2600 takes photos that are comparable to the other cameras in terms of color and composition. It's kind of hard to justify spending more money for the other cameras when the 2600 does such a good job. My 8x10 prints really look good too. The ...